lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2020, 03:07 PM   #1
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Question on Madjax Havoc wiring install

I bought a complete body replacement (Madjax Havoc) along with the wiring harness a few months ago but after reading the instructions was a little overwhelmed so it's been just sitting in the garage. Finally yesterday I started working on it and now I have a question. This is on a 2015 G29 Yamaha electric. I believe the cart was probably a rental at one time for a golf course. It does have lights that that I am guessing were added though they look factory. Ok back to my main question. There is a harness that runs from the front to the back through the channel in the floorboard. Does that just have the wiring for the lights. My concern was that it also had the wiring from the key to turn on the cart. Hope that all make sense. Is the wiring that goes to the controller on a different harness so Do I just completely remove that harness and install the new one. Thanks in advance.
RickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2020, 04:56 PM   #2
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Question on Madjax Havoc wiring install

Ok I figure everyone must be busy since it's Memorial day so I plunged forward and discovered the harness is just for the lights so cart totally torn apart and harness removed. Hopefully someone can help with this question. In the instructions it shows light harness is supposed to run through the same channel as the other harness but the other harness takes up the whole channel. What did you guys do. Don't really want to run it under the cart and I see there is another smaller channel on the other side though it would only have the floor mat protecting it so let me know what you guys have done. Also there are a few connections not used so guessing that is if you want to add turn signals and horn. Sure would like advice before I start reassembling it. Thanks in advance.
RickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha