lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2020, 04:42 AM   #1
Slamnslash
Not Yet Wild

Default 06 G22E 48v stutter when going up hill

Looking for anyone who might be more familiar with this cart.
Cart is a 2006 Yamaha G22E 48V. It has the Moric (spelling?) controler and Hitachi motor. Completely stock less rear seat.

Batteries were new in 2018 Trojans. Pack voltage is 51vdc. Each battery checks good with meter but I cannot load test.

I recently replaced the brushes and turned the commentator to a new finish. Cleaned plates and everything. Motor showed no shorts and new brush install went great except for the speed sensor magnet.

When removing the motor from the tailstock it slipped a little and bumped the tool post. It was enough to crack the magnetic ring. I didn't notice until install and it fell apart in my hand.

My issue is when going up hill and flooring it (I have read this is best for motor life when going up hill) there is a momentary stutter. Maybe about every 50 yards for just a brief second. Like a miss on an engine. Cart pulls fine and does not have any issues pulling my family up the hill just the stutter every once and a while.

I was wondering since the speed sensor is temporary disabled does the Moric controller see the current and have some type of current buffer?

I am planning on replacing the speed sensor magnet and hopefully that will resolve the issue but maybe someone here has some expert experience with this

Thank you
Sam.
Slamnslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2020, 09:55 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 06 G22E 48v stutter when going up hill

Odd drivability issues is definitely a symptom of an inoperable tach sensor. I can pick out a yamaha with a disabled tach sensor just by driving it from the parking lot into the shop.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #3
Slamnslash
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 06 G22E 48v stutter when going up hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Odd drivability issues is definitely a symptom of an inoperable tach sensor. I can pick out a yamaha with a disabled tach sensor just by driving it from the parking lot into the shop.
Thank you for taking the time to comment.

I definitely can tell the difference in drivability. Accelerator is more sensitive and reacts differently. Down hill with speed if I slowly depress the accelerator the motor will cause a deceleration from the slower speed.

I just hope this is the controler doing what it thinks it should and not my newly installed brushes arcing and taking a dump.
Slamnslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha