lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2020, 07:16 PM   #1
cstober
Getting Wild

Default Reversing Contactor Question

So I thought I had figured out why my solid state conversion of my 1986 yamaha G2 had no reverse. We found the lager spring on the reverse contactor was not seated properly. Bench testing on jack stands the cart went into reverse two or three times.

Today I pulled the cart off the build rack and had reverse to get it pulled off the rack. The second time I switched to reverse from forward I had no reverse. Solenoid clicks when the pedal is depressed but no reverse. I pulled the SW202 back apart to check on spring. After putting the reverse side back together it went into reverse once and then not again.

I believe I have a bad SW202. When I pulled it out of the box, it already had diodes on it. Anyone else ever had this kind of problem with a sw202?
the only other thing I can think of is a problem with my Alltrax Sr48500 controller. Does a controller have anything to do with forwards or reverse???

This is driving me crazy as I am ready to be done with this 14 month project and bring this cart home...
cstober is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2020, 07:41 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Reversing Contactor Question

Definitely sounds like a SW202 problem. Is your SW202 genuine Curtis/Albright? Or a Chinese clone? Genuine one will have a label with the name on it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 08:54 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Getting a SW202 with diodes already installed simply means the unit was installed in somebody elses cart already and then returned for what ever reason which you may now be experiencing for your self.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 12:31 AM   #4
cstober
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Getting a SW202 with diodes already installed simply means the unit was installed in somebody elses cart already and then returned for what ever reason which you may now be experiencing for your self.
ScottyB,
That is what I'm thinking has happened. I sent you an email earlier today when I realized I was still having problems with the Sw202. Happy Holidays to you!
cstober is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha