lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2021, 07:39 PM   #1
cmptrkd
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2006 G22 motor and controller suggestions

I have a 2006 G22 limo cart (was modified by previous owner and turned into a 6 passenger). I am not sure if the motor and controller are the original ones or not. The reason I am unsure is because if I am reading the serial number of the cart right, I thought it would be a Hitachi motor however, it is not.

Serial is JU2-310815

It is a Advanced D.C. motor, AU2500 3.5HP motor with a Moric controller

My question is, I am looking for more power from the motor. The cart will do roughly 10mph, I am wanting to get that bumped up a little. The motor seems to run fine.

Can I swap out the controller and stay with this motor and increase the speed. Is there a controller that would also be a good controller if I would ever upgrade the motor in the future?

Is the motor that I have a good motor overall? I would love to swap out the motor but I don't think we have the budget to do everything at once. I currently have the cart torn apart and I am working on the body where it had some pretty good gouges. Hoping to get it all fixed and then wrap it. Cart was in good used condition so I have been replacing bumpers, seat back cushions, dash, and just trying to get it looking better.

Thanks for the input.
cmptrkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2021, 10:26 AM   #2
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2006 G22 motor and controller suggestions

Call Don Plowman at Plowman's Carts, a site sponsor. He can hook you up with a Alltrax controller and discuss the motor with you. That motor may be fine, if not he'll recommend something that would be better for all that added weight.
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:57 PM   #3
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2006 G22 motor and controller suggestions

2nd on calling Plowman. Alltrax will get you power but that ADC motor won't last long with the extra power. I have had to replace 2 of those on a buddy's limo. We called Plowman and got the D&D motor that was made for this and it runs like a champ now.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha