lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
sdeatherage
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZgo Gas leaning

Hi this is my first post I am new here. Thanks for all the help I will recieve and any future help.

I am restoring my 2000 gas powered ezgo. It always leaned to the drivers side. I noticed the rear leaf springs were straightened out. So I installed a new four leaf heavy duty spring thinking this would solve the problem. But it still leans to the left side.
The shocks are not leaking but are original. Any ideas maybe I should replace the front spring but it seems to have a good arch to it.

I am currently installing a big stereo system, new 12" chrome wheels, Seats, and stainless rockers. Ill post more pictures as I install the new parts.

I am attaching a few pictures of the new cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (141.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (64.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (36.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (134.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (41.6 KB, 8 views)
sdeatherage is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: EZgo Gas leaning

Welcome, Nice cart.
You could try swapping the front springs, That's what i'd try first considering you just got hd back ones and you said they had good arch to the fronts.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
sdeatherage
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply. Wouldn't that cause it to lean the other direction? But I guess if it did I would know its a problem with the springs on the front. I don't mind replacing them but I only want to do it if it will fix the problem. I thought replacing the rear would have fixed the problem because they were ruined. Maybe the front one is the problem but I would have never guessed that by looking at them and looking at the rears.

I cant imagine what else could be wrong other than the shocks but they don't affect the ride height.

Thanks Steve
Old 06-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

How is the rear axle mounted? If it has those metal brackets with the rubber bushing inside them then maybe the drivers side is worn more the the other. Mine was the same way in the pic at left. HD Springs leveled mine out. If you are going to lift it at all then you could do away with those. M2c
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've had a set of front springs that leaned. When I replaced them, I noticed the clamp had slid on one spring. That fixed it. Mine is a 99 workhorse. Same front end! They do sag, wear out. About $70. a set?...
Cool paint, nice cart.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
sdeatherage
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I replaced the bushings in the rear also. I think I need to get out a tape measure and start investigating and it probably will be obvious.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If a shock was bent while compressed it could keep one side from fully rebounding. Something think about....you could disconnect the bottoms to see if it levels out.
Justa thought...
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO