lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #21
baronske
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1992 Yamaha Gas G9 Wont Start

Ok, well it is way past my ability to jet the carb. So, if I cant find a used airbox, is there a possibility I can remove the airbox and attach a filter to the carb?
baronske is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #22
baronske
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ok, I did what you said. I took the blow-by hose off the airbox and plugged airbox. I added fuel filter (the correct direction) on the pcv hose. When I crank it, it now wont run UNLESS I take the LARGE hose off the carb. Also, when running oil squirts out of the pcv hose.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #23
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Is the air box full of oil? If you put more than a quart in it will pump it all into the airbox via that hose and plug up the filter. If you lift the cart the dip stick will show around half full with a quart you have to mark it again where ever 1 qt comes to. A lift tilts the engine.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #24
baronske
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I drained and added 1 quart. Runs now but doesn't seem as fast. Going to test couple of days and looking for rack and pinion to modify to fit. Cart feels a little loose too. I ordered 2" spacers but want to find stabilizer bar.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #25
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can take the steering box and pack it with grease, wheel bearing grease not lube. Tighten the adjuster to take out play but make sure it turns lock to lock with no resistance, they tend to wear in the center if you make it no play there it will be too tight when you turn. People rarely have an issue with the box, but if the lift does not raise the rods on the spindles it can change steering geometry. I didn't and it will not turn as sharp. Also check the spindles they often need new bushings, the king pins. Anything loose will mess with the steering as well as poor alignment the toe in needs to be set right. I set mine going down a road, I like around no toe at all. A little toe in is usually good but can make the steering jumpy at high speed on pavement, toe it out until that goes away, don't need to move it very much.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha