lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
hollis
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ-GO Powerwise Model # 915-3610 charger

I hooked up charger to my 2007 36 volt series cart. Charger would blink green and would click each flash. I noticed charger stayed on long enough for a complete charged and was still blinking and clicking. I check battery voltage and determined there was no output from charger. I shooked and strucked the charger on concrete and charger stopped clicking and started charging. I would appreciate any info as to what's the problem.
Thanks
Hollis
hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: EZ-GO Powerwise Model # 915-3610 charger

sounds like a temperamental relay
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
hollis
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I still need help with this problem. I am sure some of you have ran into this problem.
Thanks
Hollis
Old 09-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Never had that issue on a charger but other electronics that act that way generally need a good cleaning first, then see if it still acts odd.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

unplug it, open it up and take a look for something obvious. shaking it and trying to teach it lesson with a baseball bat generally isn't good troubleshooting technique. at some point the unit will need to be opened and examined.

what to look for: loose fuse holder, loose spade connectors, damaged insulation, components that look like they may have gotten hot, etc. with no kids or pets around, plug it back in. tap on the relays with some sort of non conductive implement. ie: a wood stick, piece of plastic, etc. does that make it come on?

heres something i found when i opened up my Delta Q. the wire tie damaged the insulation on all 3 output leads. this would likely have led to some sort of intermittent fault like you are experiencing.
-sj

*disclaimer - opening your charger is potentially dangerous and could result in injury or death. attempt at your own risk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiretie1.jpg (112.8 KB, 6 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
hollis
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I opened charger and found black wire in charger going to cart plug in unattached. attached and put cover back on and after I finished I found a square bar magnet about 1/4"X1 on work bench. Does anybody know where this goes in charger?
Thanks
Hollis
Old 10-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Just guessing, but there is(was) a magnet in the plug that goes into the charger receptacle on the cart.
It's what activates the reed switch in the cart's charger receptacle so the cart can't be driven off while charger is attached.
There were lots of problems with reed switches failing, so later model carts came from factory with reed switch bypassed, but I don't know what year they made the change.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
hollis
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Does anyone know if this charger is automatic.(cut back on after batteries are fully charger then lose charge after a period of time).
Old 10-14-2011, 05:02 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm not 100% sure that M# 915-3610 is the same as a Powerwise QE, but if it is, when a QE charger is left plugged in after battery pack is fully charged, it will self-initiate a charge cycle when the voltage drops below a predetermined level, or in 30 days, whichever comes first.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
hollis
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Johnnie B
I was told by someone they thought the charger was automatic, but not sure. I wanted to get more opinions as I keep the cart 75 miles away from home and are not there for extended periods of time. The charger is a QE. Thank you and all the others for your replies to my post. I did find where the magnet went, also I think I corrected the problem with charger by reconnecting the loose wire.
Thanks again,
Hollis
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO