lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Runs slow with new batteries

Naples is pretty flat..... you should be up with the rest of the carts ... I want to suggest you may have one battery in backwards...... quadruple check that the battery to battery connections are all + to -
Is the charger acting normally? How long is it running....before the auto shut off?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #12
LarryT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, I'll recheck everthing after I get home from work.
LarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #13
LarryT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Still running very slow. Everything has been checked again and again. What a about a "speed control module" or the F&R switch. Can I check those? I really don't want to call the local cart shop if I can avoid it. Any Ideas?
Old 01-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #14
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check to make sure your pedal linkage is moving the throttle assembly to the full position. Also do a loaded voltage drop test on your cables. It's easiest to do the voltage drop test with two people. Have the rear of the cart jacked off the ground and have someone partially apply the brakes while the accelerator is held partway down. Only apply the brake enough to slow the wheels down! Do Not let the wheels stop turning! Do the battery connectors first then go to the rest of your cables.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
Check to make sure your pedal linkage is moving the throttle assembly to the full position. Also do a loaded voltage drop test on your cables. It's easiest to do the voltage drop test with two people. Have the rear of the cart jacked off the ground and have someone partially apply the brakes while the accelerator is held partway down. Only apply the brake enough to slow the wheels down! Do Not let the wheels stop turning! Do the battery connectors first then go to the rest of your cables.
I have never read this test yet, interesting. Can you explain this procedure more clearly on how and what to do
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Yes that's something that would interest me to I have never heard of anyone doing that test, at this point it wouldn't hurt......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #17
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You damm club car guys
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #18
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, this is using a DMM set on DC volts scale. If you have a voltage selection on your meter set it to the lowest one.
What you are measuring is for any voltage between two components. There should be very little ( or preferably, none ).
Start at B- of the pack. One probe on the actual lead terminal of the battery. Other probe to the cable connector. Load the cart as previously stated. You should show 0 or only a few millivolts on your meter. Now, keep the one probe on B- and move the other probe to the actual wire in the cable. You should have the same results. Test all your battery terminal to connector to cable connections for each + and - terminal on each battery in your pack. If you have not found any high resistance connections ( they will show more than a few millivolts ), then do this same test for your motor connections and if you have a mechanical F-R switch, test it also. You can test an entire cable this way, also. You will normally have a bit higher millivolt reading for an entire cable, though. This is a foolproof test for high resistance! It takes time but, you will be amazed at what will look perfectly good, can be doo - doo! I had one cable to the F-R switch that showed 18V! The cable had gotten a small nick in the insulation and when I cut it apart there was maybe 5 strands of wire and the rest was green dust!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #19
LarryT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Runs slow with new batteries UPDATE

Yesterday it just quit dead. The throttle pedal jumped a little and then nothing, had to tow it off the golf course There seems to be nothing at the pedal. No noises or sounds....read about micro switches and solenoids. Batteries are charged and installed properly, have not checked the wireing.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

larry this is a 94 right? is it a controller cart? or does it have a bank of resistors behind batteries? now its just dead.......is it doing anything? solenoid clicking? if not jack the rear end up and jump the large post on solenoid turn key on put in gear and press pedal if cart runs it could have been the solenoid all along and while its rare what it made your cart do i have heard of it so at least this is a starting point...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car