lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #31
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: SOC meter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
I know those capacitors will knock you on your butt, if you have a butt left afterwards!
They have castor oil? I had to take that nasty stuff when I was a kid! :)
How do you discharge those guys?
Castor oil, probably, or something similar.

Discharge? Into something I want to kill!
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #32
sandbag3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Re: SOC meter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
This is the one I bought from " SimpleMan ". I just got her in today, and am so glad to have a " fuel gauge " on my cart! I'm going to measure the voltages at the low - middle - and high end of the green scale. This will give me a good idea of my batteries charge. At the time of the photo the batteries are on the final equalization charge. I wired this direct as when I checked the draw it has, it doesn't draw enough to drain the batteries in a year!
I am installing the same gauge in my 2006 48v club car. Did you hook it up to the two adjacent wires (red and black/white) that were going to the original indicator? Also did you hook up (and how) the two blue wire fuse assembly that came with the kit?
sandbag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #33
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: SOC meter.

My gauge only has + and -. I connected mine to the charger plug wires with two small ( 16ga speaker wires ) The gauge draws an insignificant amount of current, so I wired it direct with no switch. I'm not sure what fuse kit you're talking about, because I purchased the gauge only. It wouldn't be a bad idea to fuse it, though! I will go back in there and do that soon!
Thanks for that suggestion!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO