lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default what engine I have

Hi all,
I found the serial # on my engine and just cant find anything on here to see what it is, I guess by reading all the posts and some of the problems some have I just wonder if its the right engine for the G2,,
the # is 020275 and I just wonder what it is and if corect engine for my cart, my Yamaha is a 1990 G2, any help in pointing me in the right direction to look up the engine would be so helpful,,
thanks..
murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: what engine I have

Can you post a picture of the engine? What makes you think it might not be the right one? Does it fit? Does it run?
TROUBADOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

I can post on in the morning, I have gone over everything and still runs as if its out of time, I read where someone changed their engine and had same problem, Im just getting frustrated with it, I checked everything and all the wires and just don't know what else it could be or even do to it.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Guess I just dont understand these that well, this is my fourth cart I have owned but they keep getting newer and I keep getting older,, lol,, I'm sure its something simple with the misfire thought maybe the previous owner might had changed the engine, I found another # J38 285 cm3 and probably the corect engine,
I have now went over every/all wiring and changed out the grounds as they looked bad as most were smashed and the one coming frome behind flywheel was missing most outer coating and bairly there,,
as soon as the rain lets up I will put the engine back in and wire back up and see what happens, hopefuly it will fire but my luck it will be the same,
here is a couple pictures of the engine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-11-22_09-27-56_504.jpg (239.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-11-22_09-28-06_680.jpg (208.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 11-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Pretty sure I found the problem with the miss and backfiring, I thought it was coming from exoust but was coming from just under at head gasket.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Good job! Sometimes we try too hard to find answers --- when they are really quite simple. We just need to step back and take a fresh look at the problem -- or ask another to do so.
TROUBADOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Sometimes simple is just to much for my simple mind, lol,, I just hope the head gasket fixes the problem the wife asked me last night when it was gonna be fixed, our new camp site allows golf carts and she is so excited for spring and being able to finely get to use them, our last camp site wouldent allow any kind of cart or even scooter, so I have till March/April to get it going so I really hope it comes down to a simple fix..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha