lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
hot rod
Getting Wild

Default 88 ezgo 2cycle clutch repair

the clutch is going out of my 88 2cycle ezgo will i have to pull the motor to change the clutch. if anyone could give me a step by step procedure to change the clutch it would be appreciated.
hot rod
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 ezgo 2cycle clutch repair

You can change the clutch without removing the engine however you will need to undo the rear engine mount on the passenger side and then jack up the engine cradle about three inches to allow the clutch to clear the rear axle.

You will then need to remove the center bolt on the clutch and insert the clutch removal tool. Alternatively you can make your own tool with a 3/4 inch hardened steel bolt 2 inches long and a 3 inch rod of 5/8ths diameter steel. Insert the rod and then wind in the bolt. The clutch will then wind off the shaft.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
hot rod
Getting Wild

thanks for the reply kind of new at this but love the golf cart scene. had 4 wheelers and go carts but golf carts are the best. hope to buy a newer model this coming year for my wife. then i am going to trick out my 88 really like the 2 cycle engin i have had it rebuilt and it runs great.
thanks dave
Old 12-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Hot Rod ,, there is a thread posted back a few days,,, weeks,, that has the pdf for your cart and how to do all kinds of repairs to it and other good info. Donald.............
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
hot rod
Getting Wild

donald i looked for that thread but could not find it went back to last week in october. give me the title of the thread if you can remember. i sure appreciate the input. need all the help from you experinced cart owners i can get.

hot rod
Old 12-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Here's the pdf file. let me know if you can open it,,,,,,,Donald ............. I just tried it and was able to open it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 85-EZGO.pdf (6.71 MB, 68 views)
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #7
hot rod
Getting Wild

thanks donald i opened the file and it is for an 85 but every thing looks like the 88. i am printing out the entire file 144 pages. thanks it should help out a lot.
have a great holiday season
hot rod
Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
hot rod
Getting Wild

dave
need help bought clutch puller but is to big for the clutch hole what kind of threads will the 3/4 bolt need to be? the puller i bought was the puller for a 88 ezgo 2 cycle motor but it will not fit it looks like a 3/4 bolt.
hot rod
Old 01-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #9
hot rod
Getting Wild

donald need help bought puller but will not fit any suggestions on how to get the old clutch off

hot rod
Old 01-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

check to see if there is not a washer in there blocking the way. i believe some of them had one.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO