lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #11
laserman308
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 94 EZ Go Marathon won't go

This is the electrical diagram I'm working with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic 4.jpg (199.4 KB, 5 views)
laserman308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm sorry I've been out a lot ..... seems you are doing this by yourself.

The solenoid needs + and - at the two small terminals to make it click. When it clicks it should put 36v power to the system. Until that happens your cart is 'off'.

Can you verify that one of the + or - needed to fire the solenoid is present all the time? I think it's the - and then thru the series of micro switches the + is delivered.

If you verify the - is present then use a small jumper and put 36v+ to the other post and listen for the click.

If it clicks you are starting to isolate the missing link.
Do all your testing with 1 rear wheel off the ground for safety.

Gotta go, later
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:23 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserman308 View Post
When i tested the MS-3 switch ontop of the accelerator switch, the reading was "0" VDC w/ F-N-R in neutral position.
With F/R switch in neutral - there would not be any voltage at MS-3.

The next test required the accelerator pedal to be depressed, the MS-3 switch reading was "0" VDC. I removed the MS-3 switch & it tested out ok, worked normal.
Something isn't right here - Missing or overlooked step in instructions???
To get voltage to MS-3 "C" (Terminal with Red and Blue wire attached in your second picture) F/R has to be in either F or R.
To get that voltage to MS-3 "NC" (Terminal with pink wire attached in same picture), pedal must be depressed.

The Solenoid test involving the - DC receptacle & the positive (+) terminal of the Solenoid (2) had a reading of 36 VDC with the F-N-R in foward position. When I put the F-N-R in neutral position to test solenoid (+) terminal w/ negative probe in -DC receptacle & depressing the accelerator pedal, the reading was 36 VDC.
I don't have the manual, so I'm not quite sure of exactly what they are trying to test here. See below.
When I moved the negative probe to the other small terminal located on the solenoid, the needle did not deflect but read 36 VDC. The manual says if the needle deflects, the solenoid coil is working. Mine actually read 36 VDC.
The ancient manual was written when technicians used analog meters that had needles that moved and pointed to numbers on a scale.
Getting a reading a reading on a DVM is the same as the needle deflecting.

If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate any additional help you could provide.

thanks
To get the solenoid to "click" (activate):
* Key Switch has to be "ON"
* F/R Switch has to be in either "F" or "R"
* Accelerator pedal depressed (MS-3 Closed)

If it doesn't:
1. Attach Red Test Lead to B+ at Charger receptacle.
2. Touch Black Test Lead to Pink wire on MS-3
You should get 36V (or whatever the battery pack voltage is)
If you don't get 36V, the solenoid coil is open or the black wire on the other small solenoid terminal is disconnected or bad.

If you get 36V in above test:
3. Connect Black Test Lead to B- at Charger receptacle.
4. Touch Red Test Lead to MS-3 terminal with Red and Blue wire on it.
You should get 36V.
If not, verify Key Switch is ON and F/R is in either F or R. Then check the two switches and three wires between MS-3 "C" and B+ on the battery pack.

The entire solenoid activation circuit consists of 3-switches, 5-wires and the solenoid coil between B+ and B- on the battery pack, but looks a lot more complicated on the schematic.

The solenoid should click whether the controller is good or bad.

Let us know what you find.
John
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:40 AM   #14
laserman308
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! I ordered a new solenoid. Let's see if that fixes the problem. Will Check back next weekend after the part is installed.
laserman308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #15
isadorebutch
Not Yet Wild

i have 1990 ezgo with same problem that youn were working ----what did you resolve on your electrical problem---thank isadorebutch
isadorebutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO