lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
Thwack
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Recessed lights

Needing some help, I just acquired another 2003 TXT 36v for a very good price. It has a new Solenoid, Lift, Larger Wheels and Tires, and a recessed light kit(head lights and tail lights). It didnt have any batteries so will be purchasing some when I make sure all electrical components are ok.

Here is my problem, I un-hooked all the lights yesterday and one of the main wires was melted (not sure if previous owner knew how to run wires), no big deal to replace, so I wanted to see if the lights worke, I ran them straight to a battery and had no luck. I took the lights off and opened them up and found out that both bulbs were burnt out...tried to remove the bulb and for the life of me could not get them out.

My question is this: Can I replace the bulbs or do I have to replace the whole light itself(housing holding bulb)? Also need one glass lense, it was broke. I have enclosed pics of the Lights and cart pics.

Thanks for any help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart 1.jpg (283.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 2.jpg (314.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart Info.jpg (220.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Head Lights.jpg (192.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart Rust.jpg (249.5 KB, 0 views)
Thwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
Thwack
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Recessed lights

Well I figured the bulbs out, guess I had stupid moment on those...so now just needing help finding a replacement lens for the one that was missing. Only numbers that I could find on the other one was SAE-F-91, anyone have any thoughts about how to find a replacement?
Old 05-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Your tail lights are installed upside down as well. Sounds like the PO wired the lights to 36v and was generally not a sharp tool.
Cart54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
Thwack
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah that was the first thing I noticed on the tail lights too, aint much I can do since the holes are cut...Ill just have jacked up tail lights. Cart seems to be in decent shape though, but you never know
Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
Free Spirit
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The parts on those lights are very similar to the fog lights/driving lights that Harbor Freight sells. You should be able to interchange the pieces you need with the broken/missing/dirty parts on your built in lights. Here's the link, just in case. Clear Lens Halogen Lights
Make sure you use the wiring harness from the existing lights. It has an isolated ground instead of the frame ground on the HF lights.

Hope this helps.
Free Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
SHRINER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just get the same size fog lamps as came out,and replace the hold thing. they will fit.
SHRINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
Thwack
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Free Spirit, I will go check on those at HF. Shriner, If I knew which lights these were I would try to find some, all I can find is the whole recessed light kits, all I need is a lens
Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
Free Spirit
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Let us know how it works out. I noticed the similarity when I changed my bulbs after I had worked on my brother-in-law's HF lights on his cart.
Free Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thwack, if you are near an EZ-Go shop those green bodies are a dime a dozen. If you want to fix those tail lights just get another rear body and swap it. As for the head lights, I am pretty sure a set of $20 55 watt lamps from Wally World will fit
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #10
Thwack
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys, I hooked all the lights back up yesterday and they are all working now. I have to put a new switch in though, it was toast. As for the Tail lights, I think Im just gonna leave them alone, it wont bother me to much to have a goofy looking cart, kinda fits me I reckon. KGSC, I found the bulbs just cant find a goofy lens for my headlight. Going to head to HF this weekend to check out their lights
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO