lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default I got it...97 EZGO DCS with extra parts extra motor and controller, what do I have?

Ok guys I wound up trading the G9 Gas for this 97 DCS cart. I am very pleased by the way. From what I understand it had some issues, and the previous owner replaced motor and controller to find out it was a battery issue!
ugh.

So here is what I have... I have an extra motor which I assume is the factory motor. It is an "Electric Vehicle power Systems. 36.0VDC Rating AU2500 Fleet Speed.

What is in it now is a General Electric Mod 5BC48JB1161 Says the HP is 4.75 at 3570RPM.

As for the controller I get a box that says. Controller EZGO 300A DCS NEW OEM dated 5/06/10. But inside the cardboard box is a Master Drive Controller (which looks brand new) Model Number 1206SX-4301 Current 350A.

So my question is... What I have extra is it better than whats currently powering the cart? I have looked at the controller currently in the cart for a label, but due to it being hooked up, I can't see the label and I am assuming it is the one matching the box.

I would like to sell what I don't need to fund other goodies for the cart.

Thanks!
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I got it...97 EZGO DCS with extra parts extra motor and controller, what do I hav

OMG! Really? 36 looks and nobody knows the answers? Or am I not "one of the guys, yet?"
Old 06-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I got it...97 EZGO DCS with extra parts extra motor and controller, what do I hav

If what is in the cart is a 300 amp and you have a 350 amp sitting in the box, I would think it is a no brainer that the 350 amp is better than what is in the cart, but not knowing the actual condition of the controller, it is hard to say. You already said they had battery issues, and we all know DCS carts are prone to blow controllers under low voltage situations, and damage internally on a controller is accumulative. Personally I would sell the extra stuff you have currently and use the money to purchase a 400-500 amp Alltrax controller then sell the one you remove from the cart as well..... That way you have one of the best controllers currently available for that model cart.

The motor currently in the cart is better than the one outsside the cart, but again, there are far better motors available on the market currently......

the problem (at least as I see it) is the parts that were pulled from the cart are unknown variables..... you personally have no knowledge if they are actually good working parts or not, and If it were me buying them I would want some form of guarentee that they will work when I installed them....Kinda hard to give that assurance.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
If what is in the cart is a 300 amp and you have a 350 amp sitting in the box, I would think it is a no brainer that the 350 amp is better than what is in the cart, but not knowing the actual condition of the controller, it is hard to say. You already said they had battery issues, and we all know DCS carts are prone to blow controllers under low voltage situations, and damage internally on a controller is accumulative. Personally I would sell the extra stuff you have currently and use the money to purchase a 400-500 amp Alltrax controller then sell the one you remove from the cart as well..... That way you have one of the best controllers currently available for that model cart.

The motor currently in the cart is better than the one outsside the cart, but again, there are far better motors available on the market currently......

the problem (at least as I see it) is the parts that were pulled from the cart are unknown variables..... you personally have no knowledge if they are actually good working parts or not, and If it were me buying them I would want some form of guarentee that they will work when I installed them....Kinda hard to give that assurance.
My thoughts exactly... I was looking at selling these parts for a 500amp controller from ScottyB. I may switch the new factory replacement controller that is currently in the box, and place the 350a one in there. That way I can know that they both work. As for the motor is there a "bench test" that can be done with the motor?
Old 06-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewmagoo View Post
My thoughts exactly... I was looking at selling these parts for a 500amp controller from ScottyB. I may switch the new factory replacement controller that is currently in the box, and place the 350a one in there. That way I can know that they both work. As for the motor is there a "bench test" that can be done with the motor?
Look here for a sepex motor test.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...pex-motor.html

Used Ezgo DCS motors are getting to be a hard to find item.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty beat me to it

Last edited by TheWiltz; 06-17-2012 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: ......
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Great link. I will bench test the motor based on the information. Now the 64 dollar question. What kind of market and/or pricing should be fair for these if in great condition.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO