lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
NoMoreTime
Not Yet Wild

Default Back up beeper

Can the beeper be removed from the system on a DCS cart, or does it have to be installed to have proper operation of the cart? The thing drives me nuts so I wonder if it can be removed and replaced with a jumper if needed.

Thanks
NoMoreTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Back up beeper

Put one of those small ear foam pieces on the end of it. That will quite it down, but leave it hooked up, it is there for safety and for diagnostics.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Best thing to do is too simply wrap tape over it, this will quiet it down to a tolerable level without eliminating it entirely. It is more of a safety feature and on a DCS cart if you remove you will no longer have the roll-away warning if you forget to set parking brake are cart starts rolling downhill.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
ala carte
Not Yet Wild

The beeper is connected with two insulated push-on terminals. You can probably get your hand in there by reaching up under the windshield from the front of the cart. Just pull one of them off of the beeper. It won't affect the operation of the cart. You should tape over the end of the connector to keep it out of trouble. If you would rather not do it by feel, you can un-clip the direction switch and push it out of the dash from behind, then look through the hole. The beeper is the cylinder, about 2" in diameter with the terminals on the top.

EDIT:

BGW...or... anyone on this forum, ... BGW itself, is/are NOT responsible for your actions in the result of using, or, misusing this information that may cause possible damage to yourself, your property, or someone else!
ala carte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ala carte View Post
The beeper is connected with two insulated push-on terminals. You can probably get your hand in there by reaching up under the windshield from the front of the cart. Just pull one of them off of the beeper. It won't affect the operation of the cart. You should tape over the end of the connector to keep it out of trouble. If you would rather not do it by feel, you can un-clip the direction switch and push it out of the dash from behind, then look through the hole. The beeper is the cylinder, about 2" in diameter with the terminals on the top.
Welcome to BGW!

The info you posted only pertains to a PDS cart. The OP has a DCS cart, and the reverse alarm is under the seat.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
Ronboy1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just got a 97 dcs not long ago. When I got it running, everything was working fine. The buzzer worked and was to loud for my liking so I put some electrical tape over the hole, to tone it down a little. Now it quit working all together. The cart still is working fine. Kinda wondering if something else could be wrong, controller wise. Or should I not worry and be glad I don't have to hear it any more....
Ronboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Suggest you quieten it rather than disable it.
Read attached and make an informed decision.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO