lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
donhorn83
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1997 TXT wont run

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Check the throttle input at the controller, probe the white wire with the + test lead and connect the - lead to the battery main -.
Key on, select forward. Meter should read 1v +/-.3v when the solenoid clicks and 2.7 +/- .5v when the peddle is depressed.

If the throttle input is close to these numbers it passes the test and the controller must be replaced.
This is the only white wire I see anywhere near the controller. Is this it?

What does the throttle input look like?
donhorn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
donhorn83
Not Yet Wild

When I tested it, I got the following reading:

After the solenoid clicked... I got a reading of .52v

With the pedal pushed to the floor I got a reading of 1.65v.

Does this help?
Old 07-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The good news is: Your throttle is working normally.
The bad news is: Your controller is being told to pass current to motor, but isn't.

This would be a logical time to upgrade to a 400A controller instead of just replacing the defective one with a stock 275A.

Just about all the Site Sponsors sell controllers and scottyb has some package deals as well as a good explanation of the variables to keep in mind while figuring out what you want to end up with.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Diddo. The good news is you can now justify an upgrade as it costs less than the stock 275a Curtis shown... I have a special run of 400amp NPX Alltrax 36-48v controls at $325. These will non programmable controls have the same components as the more expensive programmable AXE controls.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #15
donhorn83
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The good news is: Your throttle is working normally.
The bad news is: Your controller is being told to pass current to motor, but isn't.

This would be a logical time to upgrade to a 400A controller instead of just replacing the defective one with a stock 275A.

Just about all the Site Sponsors sell controllers and scottyb has some package deals as well as a good explanation of the variables to keep in mind while figuring out what you want to end up with.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Diddo. The good news is you can now justify an upgrade as it costs less than the stock 275a Curtis shown... I have a special run of 400amp NPX Alltrax 36-48v controls at $325. These will non programmable controls have the same components as the more expensive programmable AXE controls.
You guys are awesome! Thanks so much for your help. A buddy of mine has the same model golf cart. I was able to pull his controller and test it on mine... and it works! Would you mind PMing me a link on the 400amp NPX Alltrax so I can put in an order?

Thanks!!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Be happy to...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO