lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #21
seanmurrellsinletsc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help!! ezgo 1990 electric

no it never ran for me, it ran one year ago and then only one more time in oct, the owner never used it, but maintained the batteries, it was and older person he couldnt ride it anymore and went to run it a month ago and it just clicked, he said all he did was make sure everything was tight and that was it, so i guess i have a power problem going to key!
seanmurrellsinletsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Print the diagram for this cart and study it until you can recite the solenoid activation path on the + side and the - side of the solenoid.
Inspect your solenoid and verify it is the correct unit for your golf cart (36v) then start figuring out why you have 12v not 36v at your key... could be as simple as you placed your - test lead on the wrong battery to get the reading? Or it could be wired wrong, go back and study that diagram until you are blue in the face, that's the best advice I can give...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo marathon controller cart.jpg (168.8 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:03 AM   #23
mauimark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 1991 looks exactly the same, and that post that is empty on your controller definitely is cabled on mine. Looks like the diagram in scottyb's post says it should be to the top terminal on the FR switch.
mauimark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #24
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Deffinetly check the wiring with a diagram because that thing really looks out of order. I too have a wire coming from controller that you don't so that is really a clue.

Good luck,

Matt
pjmia96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #25
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your key to fixing this is a wiring diagram. I have the same cart and rewired almost all of the cart and I'm only 15. :)

You can do it ;)
Old 07-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #26
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Anything yet?

Tags
wont move
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO