lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
cibalibeb
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT speed cuts out then comes back

I have a newer EZGO TXT that is a PDS cart, it has a lift on it and 22" tires, when I popped the cover off to expose the controller it looks like there is a "chip" on it. Someone removed the buzzer so I cant use the built in diagnostic mode to find the problem.

PROBLEM: Charge the batteries til the charger shuts off, jump in and it goes full speed, come to a stop and press the go pedal again sometimes it goes full speed sometimes it goes slow.... like my wife can run beside it slow took it out tonight ran fine for a 1/2 mile then started slow. Stopped flipped the switch to tow then back to run and it was fine for another 5 minutes then slow again. Tried flipping the switch to tow then run again but it just stayed slow

I thought it was batteries but it doesnt gradually slow down its fast and then the next time you push the pedal its slow....

Voltage readings charged sitting for 24hrs 37.91v
when going fast lowest voltage was 32.21
flat cruising 36.65
when slow lowest voltage 36.02
flat cruising 36.5-36.7
after 2 miles driving pulled the cart back in the garage pack came back up to 37.71 within 2 minutes.
cibalibeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT speed cuts out then comes back

I would be curious if the buzzer is still under the cowl up front, if it is try hooking it back up so you can get the beeps to hear what is wrong. Since it is a PDS cart it sounds like the controller is failing, thermal overload. This is common in PDS carts with a lift and larger tires. The reason it runs good after sitting is the controller cools down which allows it to run again, then it heats up.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
cibalibeb
Not Yet Wild

If I cant find the buzzer up under the cowl is there a way to hook one up back by the controller?
Old 07-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

You can pull the cup holder out, the back comes up and out towards you. The last PDS cart I worked on the backup buzzer was located on the passenger side glove box behind the key plate. I would suggest you put the cart in tow, disconnect the batteries from the controller, then you can work around safely. There will not be much room, you can also try to look from the front of the cowl underneath in the direction I told you.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can pull the key switch plate an reconnect the buzzer, most likely it is still there cause there is no reason to remove it. .....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
cibalibeb
Not Yet Wild

update!

I pulled the plate where the key switch is, the buzzer was still back there just unhooked. Plugged it back in, entered diagnostic mode and got the beeps 3-2 bad solenoid, went down and got a new solenoid from the Ezgo dealer, installed it myself and charged the cart overnight. Jumped on the next afternoon to go for a ride with my little girl we drove maybe 10-15 minutes it worked great! As we were driving on a flat road going maybe 10-15mph the cart started beeping and stopped going.

Entered diagnostic mode, beeps are 3 pause 1..... Sticker says check coil and controller?

I swapped the solenoid back to the old one and noticed the insulation on the red wire and the thick wire coming off that post both look like they got hot. The cart will not move when you press the accelerator, lights and everything else functions like normal it just wont move.

Where do I go from here?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO