lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Bench Powering alltrax axe 4834

I want to power up my alltrax axe 4834 on the bench to program it and all I have is a 30v dc power supply. Can I use this to power it up through pin 1 and the battery - post on the controller?
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bench Powering alltrax axe 4834

I went ahead and hooked it up, on the alltrax website it looked like it would be ok. I bought this second hand, and wanted to test it. I ordered the rs232 cable but has not come in yet. When powered up it blinks green once indicating it is programmed for a 0-5k throttle, then it blinks red constantly. Is this normal since nothing else is hooked up to it or does this indicate something is wrong?
Old 07-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I checked again and it looks like it is flashing red 6 times then starts over. This shows to be a battery under voltage code, which I am assuming would be normal since it is not hooked up? Seems like I'm talking to myself but im sure someone will chime in before long. Thanks in advance
Old 07-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, that is all normal, I think you can download the mini-manual from Alltrax too. That will give you all the fault codes.
Don't worry about the light flashing fault codes while you are bench programming.
A 300amp control should work as good as the stock control.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Im going 48v and got such a good deal on this seemed like the cheapest way to get there for now. Hoping it will last me for a few months until I can get a 500amp. I'll be contacting you before long Scotty for a solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO