lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Default help my neighbor question

2005 ez go, lifted, bigger tires, and a jumper wire (for speed) Kind of like a chip but different I think?

He gets about 19 mph on a slight down hill. Also, gets 19 on a slight uphill ( same hill :] )

On his cart, as soon as u take your foot off the gas the cart slows way down. Like downshifting on a steep hill. It seems like I read there is a down hill assist?

If so how do you turn it off?

And would he have more speed on downhills?

Thanks
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: help my neighbor question

Sounds like your neighbor has a PDS cart with a Mild Hill Chip.

In Freedom mode, 18-19 MPH is the nominal speed on level ground with standard height (18") tires, and there is no regen braking when foot is lifted off throttle, so your neighbor is most likely running in the Mild Hill mode (pin-1 jumped to pin-5 only)

Since the max motor RPM in the Mild Hill mode is about 3400, I suspect he is running tires that are 23" tall.

If your neighbor installed a Freedom Chip, he would get more speed (22-24 MPH) and eliminate the pedal up regen braking, however the controller would still limit the motor to about 4400RPM and the downhill speed would still be limited to little more than that.

To get rid of the controller limiting motor RPM and regen braking completely, you have to replace the controller with an aftermatket one.

Of course a new controller is in your neighbors foreseeable future because a stock PDS controller isn't going to last very long turning those big tires.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Default Re: help my neighbor question

Hey thanks man. I will give this reply to him.

Have a good day.
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO