lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
bamaboys
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Motor problems!

Well if it is not one problem its another!! When I mash the pedal on my 2008 ezgo pds the motor on the rear axle sounds like gears are just rubbing together. Is this a easy fix or hard? Any links how to change it? Is this a normal thing on golf carts to do? Or does this happen since my golf cart is lifted with oversize tires? Thanks for any suggestions or answers!!!! Bart
bamaboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor problems!

Check to see if the axle is spinning in the wheel hub. Remove any wheel/hub covers and watch to see if the axle nut spins and the wheel does not when power is applied. Check both sides. You might want to support the rear on jack stands.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We have been using an aftermarket hub that is much harder material than stock, it uses a replaceable CC drum once the hub is fitted.
We have tested this on an 8 passenger shuttle with a 500a control and 10+hp torque motor. This thing used to eat hubs for breakfast before I fitted it with these HD hubs.

Email me for details.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
bamaboys
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The sound is coming for motor area. And there is all kinds of black powdery dust coming for all around the house bottom of it. I just replaced the hubs with pinched hubs for scottyb.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
bamaboys
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the motor off and black dust is everywhere. Is this normal? Do not know how to test motor to see if it is bad. Quick question, jacked up the cart to see if the male spline coming out of the top of rear end turns when i turn the wheels. Which it does but also when i turn the spline by hand it does not turn the wheels. It is like freely turning is this normal?
Old 08-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It would most likely turn one wheel, with the other having to be held from turning. Also, turning the gear takes many turns to move the wheel a bit.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Be careful bench testing a buggy motor, as only one of the two necessary bearings is in the motor.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
bamaboys
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Had to replace a bearing in the motor......And also had to replace the new pinched hub I bought from scottyb. It was stripped out smooth like a babys butt. Maybe this will get me back on the grass! Just waiting on the bearing to come in!! Thanks again for all the input from all!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO