lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
Zach Jaynes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Series to PDS?

Long story short, I have a 2003 Series cart. I am about to drop a lot of money upgrading it for hunting/farm work. 48V, Alltrax 500 amp controller, upgraded motor, solenoid, etc...... Since I am basically starting from scratch, I can go to a PDS setup, correct? Is the controller the same and only the motor is different? Do I HAVE to swap the F/R switch to the rocker type found on PDS carts from the factory or can I still use the one under the seat (or an upgraded version of it of course)? I have a friend who has a new Beast 48 and he let me put it through its paces today and I absolutely LOVED it. It looks to me like I can build basically the exact same thing for a LOT less money. Anyway, thanks in advance for any help. I will be contacting Scottyb for most of this stuff very soon, just didn't want to bother him with this because I know he's a busy guy and gets bombarded with questions constantly.

Zach
Zach Jaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Series to PDS?

i would stay with the series cart for a hunting cart, you need some batteries , new 500amp controller, heavy duty FR, and HD 48v solenoid, and 48v charger, and some new 4ga cable set, and run the 36v motor, but i would not change to PDS

there's a few different ways to go, see what others have to say

and yes, Scottyb will take really good care of you
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Zach Jaynes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks very much for the quick reply rib. I really like the PDS from a safety standpoint if nothing else for the downhill stuff (the area I hunt is pretty hilly) but I'm a newbie at this and just learning. Why do you say not to switch to PDS? Not questioning your knowledge at all, just trying to educate myself. What would the cons of PDS be? Also, I just bought 6 new U.S. Battery XC 2200's. About to buy two more. Will these give me good range when I get everything converted over? How do they compare with the $300 AGM batteries like what the beast comes with in terms of range? Thanks again for your response.

Zach
Old 08-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
rib33024

Series carts are more tolerant of the slow going involved in off road driving... Basically they produce less heat. they have had much better results with the series carts off road, the series carts are better for hunting, off road, torque, going slow, the PDS carts do not like going slow they heat up. now there is nothing wrong with PDS carts if they are set up right, but i would not switch a series cart to PDS, yes you can get 2 more 6v batteries, and add them to the pack, and you will have more run time with the 8- 6v batteries
Old 08-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
Zach Jaynes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks again rib. I get what you are saying now. The Beast uses 6-8V batteries, but they are AGM's I believe. I know he said they are over $300 each. He gets as much as 40 miles on the Beast. Are you saying that even with my US 2200's, which I assume are inferior to his batteries, I will get even more run time than him because of having 8-6V instead of 6-8V? Thanks so much again.

Zach
Old 08-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
rib33024

no i not saying you will get more run time than him, but you will get more than 6 -8 volts lead acid , and i don't think he is getting 40 miles, on 6 - 8 volts, but i could be wrong
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO