lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default What to ask for?

As soon as the weather gets a little cooler, I'm having an EZ-GO technician come to my house to work on my cart.
I'm pretty sure it needs new springs and shocks. Will he/she know the best things for me to get, or should I request certain things?
I have a 2006 lifted TXT series cart that was modified to have a seat in the back that folds down into a shelf.
I bought this used 2 years ago. Since then, I've gotten new tires and batteries. I use it over very rough terrain.......fields/woods. But I drive slow, looking at nature.

I'm thinking I should get the heavy duty springs. Will the tech know this?
I don't want to get things I don't need, but I also don't want to under-equip it.
From the looks of it, the springs on there were meant for a 2-seater.

I'll have him do a general maintenance. Is there anything else I should think of asking for? I'm sure part of his job will be to sell me as much as possible........
I really depend on this cart, so I want to fix it up really well.....but I don't want to get repairs I don't need.
This tech is from an EZ-GO company about 90 miles from here, so I'm hoping they will be reputable.
Thanks for any suggestions!
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
JasonsGolfCarts
Getting Wild

Default Re: What to ask for?

Shocks/Springs - The shocks, unless one is broken, should be fine and probably do not need to be replaced. The rear springs are probably and the cart would benefit from replacing them. That being said, unless you are hauling large people or large cargo on the rear of the cart, I would suggest replacing the springs with stock ones. The heavy duty springs are great when you are carrying a large load but will lead to a rough ride under normal loads. The rubber bushings in the ends of all of the springs should be replaced. They are cheap and should be replaced anytime you have the springs out of the cart.

Other - I would have him check all of your wire connections (clean and protect with battery terminal protectant). Also, he/she should drive the cart and then feel for hot wires. A wire can look fine and be full of broken strands. Excessive heat in a wire means it is breaking down and should be replaced to improve the performance of the cart.

Missing out on the fun! - have you considered doing this work yourself? Between the site sponsors (like us!) and everyone in this wonderful forum, we have all of the parts you need and can answer any questions you may have. It can be alot of fun!!!
JasonsGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What to ask for?

Thanks JasonsGolfCarts!
I would love to do it myself, but my arthritis just won't let me. Plus, it would take me awhile to figure everything out, and I don't want to be without my cart that long.
Thanks for your help!
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO