lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #11
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What type of Diff fluid should I use??

I have a serenge that I use. Install the pan, put 10 ounces of fluid in, jack the cart up on the passenger side, put in the fluid and torque the drain plug bolt.

At this point the poisen of your choice is adequate to complete the task.
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

sounds like it should work. I was thinking of using 4 jackstands and the using my floor jack to raise the pan up to the cart.. carefully... then installing the bolts... I will let ya know how it goes... Thanks again... How is the new buggie treating you? I am jealous of it... I am going to get my 96 painted next yr. I have the bug... can you tell.. Next is the lift and tires then comes the paint...
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #13
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the HD F/R switch, Pkg#485 and 2ga cables on the way to me from Scottyb!! I hope they arrive today. Next week I am ordering Jake's Long Travel lift and 22" tires. I should be good after that.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #14
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

I always change it out if cart is new to me and haven't had to change it again but I figure every 5 to 7 years I will change it
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #15
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is exactly why I ripped everything out of my cart I just bought, so I can see what needs to be done and what does not. I had the rear end completely apart and "thought" I needed a new axle until I found out the bearing is supposed to fit like it does. All new bearings, seals and then I seen the oil was getting into the motor. I knew I had to drop the diff cover any way so I yanked the motor and diff cover off and sealed her up.

I call this baselining :thumbsup: At least that is what we call it on the other forum I go to for my Land Cruiser
Old 02-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #16
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

ok, I bought the goods this morning.. I will let ya know how she goes tomorrow after we ( father and I ) get finished... He is a good ground foreman!!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #17
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Uuuuuuugh... Here is an update on the diff. service... Before I say what happened. I would like to say I am a service nazi...

I jacked up the front and rear of the cart. put 4 jack stands under it and made sure it was level. I figured before I even started that the diff. fluid was low. I removed the drain plug! Nothing came out... So, My ground foreman (dad) started removing all of the bolts from the drain pan. when we removed the pan. IT WAS BONE DRY!!!!! I about $hit my pants... I could not believe it... I could not believe that the rear diff did not come apart. long story short, I used 2 cans of brake cleaner and an air hose to make sure I had everything clean. spit shined the pan installed fluid and I am now good to go..

I guess I need to start checking the rear diff fluid more often than I have been.. good thing i only use the cart for golf.. I really believe in my heart if i had taken the cart for a long trip I would have lost the rear end...
Old 02-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #18
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Another BGW success story!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #19
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

indeed gman indeed... I am so happy I found out about this before it was to late... My wife always pics on me and says boy, you really like that site huh?? says I have new golf buddies... I say NO they are golf cart buddies and tonight they saved us an a$$ load of money... she just smiles....

thanks again for the help....
Old 02-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #20
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

subby44, what fluid did you end up using?
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO