lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
mstopher82
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo electric will not move

Hey everyone,
I am new to using this site but so far it looks very helpful. Situation got Ezgo electric stuck going up a big hill and pushed it beyond its limits. About the cart: series cart (f and r under passenger seat) 36v, new Batts (1 week old).

So far new f and r (today) studs melted into the f and r board that's why it was replaced today. Tested solenoid according to instructions on this site. Removed #4 stud cable and 250 ohm fuse or whatever that is. Pos on volt meter on #4 solenoid negative on #6 batt push peddle full volts on meter. Solenoid should be good?

Controller B- to M- w some volts showing on meter, depress peddle till hear solenoid click and goes to 0 volts fully depressed and still at 0 volts

Any thoughts?
mstopher82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo electric will not move

Welcome to BGW!

When the pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click, the voltage between the B- and M- on the controller should read FULL battery pack voltage.

If not, there is a bad connection in the high current loop, which is highlighted in red and blue on the attached schematic.

Note: The F/R switch is shown in the F position, but there is more than one way to wire the F/R switch, so yours may not be wired the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series- Hi-Current traced.JPG (59.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
mstopher82
Not Yet Wild

so if all things the same before I had issues, fully operational cart, and now I have no movement and 0 volt readings at B- and M- what should I replace first? keep in mind f and r is brand new! most likely the controller? or are there other things I should look at first. thank you for the welcome and input :-)
mstopher82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

There are 13 high current cables, 26 high current connections, 4 sets of contacts in the F/R switch, 1 set of contacts in the solenoid, 4 carbon brushes in the motor, two sets of windings in the motor, 18 cells in the battery pack and a controller. Any one of those items being bad can cause the symptoms.

Except for the new F/R switch, all of the items listed was subjected to the same amount of current for the same length of time that cause the melt-down of old F/R switch.
I included the F/R switch in the list because new does not mean good and it may not be installed or adjusted correctly.

Therefore, everything in the high current loop is suspect at this point in time, so other than replacing everything, you need to follow the road-map I provided and find the fault and fix it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, ezgo, f and r, motor, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO