lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
windfisch
Not Yet Wild

Default 87 resistor, Freedom

Hi everyone new here I just replaced my speed switch board and swiper arm, thought I wired back up correctly but when I turn on key switch and move F&R switch to F the cart moves forward without touching accelerator pedal. It worked fine before changing the board out? Is it possible a micro switch on the speed board or a accelerator pedal switch is bad or something else? It does run fine in forward and reverse but I have to put it in netural when stopping (not correct but) any suggestions ! I may have rewired something wrong that I'm missing but thought I wired it correctly thanks for amy help.
windfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 resistor, Freedom

There should be no cable connected to the bottom lug of the wiper board..... this is the 'at rest' spot for the wiper arm.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
GreenOfTheRoad
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

This forum should have a like button
GreenOfTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
windfisch
Not Yet Wild

There is NO cable connection on bottom lug, and I've checked for allignment of the wiper arm and its alligned correctly but had to adjust the accelerator pedal when I put new board in maybe there is something wrong there?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by windfisch View Post
There is NO cable connection on bottom lug, and I've checked for allignment of the wiper arm and its alligned correctly but had to adjust the accelerator pedal when I put new board in maybe there is something wrong there?
Now it sounds like your peddle adjustment is keeping the wiper arm contact from returning to the empty lug...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
windfisch
Not Yet Wild

Not the case it returns to the bottom lug correctly and goes to the top lug correctly, when I replaced the board there's a micro switch on the same side as the cables I'm wondering if I put it upside down? Would that make a difference in operation of the switch?

Tags
new speed board and swipe
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO