lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2002 ezgo 36v electrical issue new batteries hooked up wrong and i blew something

do you know what it is or where it is located?
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 ezgo 36v electrical issue new batteries hooked up wrong and i blew something

It is a safety ignition interrupter device.
Lots of carts have been wired up to bypass them. For safety you can run your charger cord up through the steering wheel so nobody drives off with the charger connected.
I'm in the habit of placing the charger on the cart floor when charging too so I see that it's plugged in before I drive off
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
rons
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have looked up the part reed switch and i dont see one on my cart i am looking on the back of the charging imput there is a white wire that goes to the + battery post and a black wire that goes to the - post and a red wire that looks like it runs up to the dash of the cart the red wire has no reed switch on it that i can see? it is spliced and has a quick connect right at the back of the charging imput.
I know that when my cart was working that if the charger was hooked up it would not move so does that mean there is a reed switch somewhere that i just dont see?
rons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #14
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes, search for how to bypass a reed switch. scottyb has posted many pics and how to bypass them. I did this on my cart and installed an inline 10amp fuse. it works great and also a money saver.. does the reverse beeper work?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #15
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Do not forget to put the run/tow switch on tow mode and unhook the pack cables before doing this procedure!!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #16
rons
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The reverse beeper did work before i hooked up the cables wrong and now it dosent work. And yes i am aware to move the run tow switch whenever i unhook and re-conect the battery cables to the cart and then wait 30 seconds to switch it to the run position.

I am going to check out Scottyb post now on how to bypass the reed switch.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #17
rib33024

here's some info

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post862118

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post864264
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #18
rons
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok I have checked My reed switch has defintly been by-passed.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You have B+ on J1 Pin-4, so the input to the controller from the reed switch bypass is there.

Get B+ on J1 Pin-9 and either the solenoid will click, or the controller is bad.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #20
rons
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Johnnieb you say to get B+ at J1 pin 9 to do that i need to replace the key switch and check the wiring to the switch to J1 pin 9 correct?

Thanks again for all your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO