lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 ezgo 36v electrical issue new batteries hooked up wrong and i blew something

Quote:
Originally Posted by rons View Post
Johnnieb you say to get B+ at J1 pin 9 to do that i need to replace the key switch and check the wiring to the switch to J1 pin 9 correct?
I'd check the wiring first. J1 Pin-8 is the voltage source for the keyswitch and J1 Pin-9 is the return path.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #22
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2002 ezgo 36v electrical issue new batteries hooked up wrong and i blew something

I am just trying to learn here, so do not beat me up to bad scottyb..lol
If his cart would not run when the charger was plugged in and he is saying the reed switch has been by-passed. my question is, if the reed switch has been by-passed, why would the cart not run when the charger was plugged in?? TIA
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

@ subby44:
I reviewed the posts in this thread. It has never been confirmed the reed switch has been bypassed.
The descriptions given could describe the reed switch circuit.

In an earlier post, I would have been more correct to have said the reed switch, or the red switch by-pass was working, because there was the proper voltage present on the proper pin.

@ rons:
Here is a picture of the charge receptacle with the cover off. The reed switch is the black thingy that joins the small red wire to the small white wire.

In a PDS cart, the red wire that disappears in the wiring harness, goes to J1 Pin-4 on the controller.

-------------
As far as the cart being disabled when the charger is plugged in, we don't know what charger is being use.
I suspect it is a stand-alone (portable) unit that plugs into the charge receptacle, but some of the on-board systems have cart disabling abilities.

My guess is that the reed switch exists, but I could be wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charger receptacle - Reed Switch.JPG (73.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #24
rons
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Johnnieb I did unscrew the charge receptacle and I checked the reed switch it was by-passed. I will check all wiring to the key switch tonight. And the charger that i am using is a Ezgo power wise II.

Thanks again for all the help i will keep you posted untill it runs again.
rons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #25
rons
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: 2002 ezgo 36v electrical issue new batteries hooked up wrong and i blew something

Yeah cart is up and running replaced the controller and she is running fine and everything is working again!!

Thank you to everyone who responded and helped me out especially Johnnieb.

I learned alot about my cart this week and look forward to driving it tomorrow as soon as my new batteries are all charged up
rons is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO