lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
wfray
Not Yet Wild

Default Western DE3-4009A Motor Replacement

I've a 2005 Western (ez-go components) with an AMD DE3-4009A motor. Apparently, getting a new one is very difficult. It uses the higher speed chip. Can anyone suggest a replacement? The controller is a Curtis 73326G06.
wfray is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Western DE3-4009A Motor Replacement

That is a high-speed PDS (sepex) motor, so the standard speed PDS motor should work.

If your motor is re-buildable, give Plum Quick a call. http://www.plumquick.com/
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
wfray
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. The armature needs re-wiring. I'd probably go for a new motor. My local e-z-go dealers are not very helpful re. parts/replacements. The controller 73326g06 is no longer available and my research shows 1206mx-1115 or 4301 would be the appropriate replacement. In order to determine which motor is the appropriate replacement, I need to know which controller (300 amp?, 400 amp?). The specs. include the 73326g06 across both those amps. This is a very frustrating process. I've a call in to the original motor mfr. (AMD). Maybe I'll just test the controller to get the amps and go from there. Nobody seems to have the specs. for this 42 volt Western.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Put a Alltrax DCX400PDS (user programmable) controller in it and have a 42V cart that will do in the mid 20's on stock height tires (18") with a stock (standard speed) PDS motor.

With a programmable controller, you can tailor the parameters to your needs and driving style rather than being stuck with what some nameless person at Curtis decided was best for you.

Scottyb (Carts Unlimited) has controller/solenoid kits on sale at the moment: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
I have the 808B package, which has the Super-Duty (400A) solenoid rather than the Heavy-Duty (200A) solenoid.

If you are planning to buy a motor outright, check out D&D Motor Systems: http://www.ddmotorsystems.com/
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:48 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I inquired about outright motor replacements and ended up with:

Andrew Schurtz
East Coast Custom Carts
954-899-4653
www.eastcoastcarts.com

A site sponsor.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
wfray
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the help. I found a new motor through a long-standing, reliable vendor in Tucson, AZ. (Luna Industries - http://www.lunaindustriesinc.com/)
They've been in business a long time and also do a lot of rebuilds of all sorts of motors, etc.). All you help got me to where I needed to be. Removing the old motor was a PITA, but it's all done and working smoothly. This is a great site with great support.

Tags
de3-4009a
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO