lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
MaxOut
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 TXT Clutch Questions For Shuttle

Hello, I have a 2013 TXT with the Kawasaki 401cc motor. The cart was stretched to a “Shuttle” size but the stock “TEAM” clutches (61864 – Drive, 61865 –Driven) were from the standard TXT. The first weekend I had 6 people on the cart climbing a nice paved hill and the cart started shaking making a loud noise and shuddered to a stop. You could smell a little rubber like the belt was slipping. Since the cart was brand new I called the dealer, I purchased it from “Graham Golf Cars” in Myrtle Beach, SC and they sent me a new drive and driven clutch they use on the workhorse Team clutches 623948- Drive, 623949 - Driven . They did not send a new belt so I used the original. The performance with the new clutches is poor. I lost about 5mph top end and if the clutches get even a little wet the cart will not move. The only positive about the new clutches is that I can climb hills without the previous problem. Is there a smaller belt option for the factory 606136 EZGO belt? The belt is approx 36” outer circumference. The belt is super loose and can be squeezed completely together when engine off. The original clutches gave me good performance with being able to cruise at 18mph without the engine revving. I’m thinking of going back to the original clutches and getting a slightly smaller belt? Any advice would be great!!!
MaxOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 TXT Clutch Questions For Shuttle

You might try some sandpaper along the sides of the belt. From heating it up like that you may have glazed it and now with some water it's not going to grip. A shorter belt is just going to do the same thing as the new clutches. More grunt, less top speed. In this area you'd be better off to sacrifice your top speed for power especially if you're making a habit of hauling that many people up hills.

Of course if all else fails, call the guys you bought it from again. If you didn't do anything wrong they should make it right.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
MaxOut
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliarc View Post
You might try some sandpaper along the sides of the belt. From heating it up like that you may have glazed it and now with some water it's not going to grip. A shorter belt is just going to do the same thing as the new clutches. More grunt, less top speed. In this area you'd be better off to sacrifice your top speed for power especially if you're making a habit of hauling that many people up hills.

Of course if all else fails, call the guys you bought it from again. If you didn't do anything wrong they should make it right.
I tried the sandpaper when I installed the new clutches and the belt looked OK however I did not measure it because I could not find any information on the belt specifications. I guess I will order a new one to compare it too.

You’re probably right about sticking with the HD clutches I have now because I do carry multiple passengers on a regular basis. However I would be willing to try different combinations in order to get the best of both worlds if that is an option. The motor never bogs and seems the week link is the clutch's/belt configuration. I called TEAM clutches and explained to them the problems and they said my belt seemed too loose and to remove washers (if they are in there) in secondary to simulate a smaller belt. Thanks for your help!!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
MaxOut
Not Yet Wild

Through research I determined the belt for the 2013 EZGO TXT with the 13HP Kawasaki is an Erlandson DBEZ6136 Standard Belt and DBEZ6137 Heavy Service Kevlar (double ribbed belt). I have the Heavy Service belt on order.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
MaxOut
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOut View Post
Through research I determined the belt for the 2013 EZGO TXT with the 13HP Kawasaki is an Erlandson DBEZ6136 Standard Belt and DBEZ6137 Heavy Service Kevlar (double ribbed belt). I have the Heavy Service belt on order.
I was mistaken in the belt. The Erlandson DBEZ8631 is the correct heavy service belt for the 2012+ Kawasaki 13HP W/Team roller clutches.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO