lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
Booshy
Not Yet Wild

Talking TXT or RXV Cart as a starter to build lifted cart?

Hi guys,

First post. Looking for knowledge. I am building a limo cart like the picture below. I will use it at the river and around the house. I prefer the look of the TXT over the RXV. I dont like the front hood of the RXV car as much and dont like the big bumper in the front. The builder I am using prefers the RXV for many reasons. Including the power, motor, run time, E brake feature. Sounds like its a newer and better designed cart.

We will start he build next week and I need to tell him what cart to start with.

I just prefer the lines of the TXT cart much better. I like the front end body lines.

Can I update the TXT power bakes, run time similar to the RXR without braking the bank? If so what else am I missing??

Is the RXV just a better cart that I should get over the looks and use this model???

Is there different model of TXT's I should consider as well?? 48v vs ? REMEMBER I can start with any model since I am starting with nothing.

Thanks everyone.

"tried to post a picture. Forum wont allow me since I am new"

Cut and paste this if you want to see what I am building.

fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1039629_10200659045216568_1402125570_o.jpg
Booshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Txt is older cart more people around here have the answers. The revs are newer and are some sweet carts in laws have rxv freedom which is the custom decked out and it is a screamer of a cart. . Crazy fast. . Txt since it is the dc cart more options in the after market . Rxv ac motor not as much out there yet from I have seen in the aftermarket. Rxv may be a sale thing IMO. They are more money to start with. . Your cart and your basing your choice on the looks go with what you want. , deuces
Jake
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
Booshy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: TXT or RXV Cart as a starter to build lifted cart?

Hes only charging $300 difference between the carts. So not a big upsale..

Thanks for the info..
Old 07-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Rxv stock would do better with its 16.99:1 gear ratio than a stock TXT. But with the nearly limitless powertrain upgrade options available for the TXT (nearly none for RXV), i would say TXT all the way. AND thats not even considering the parking brake issues with the RXV.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Booshy
Not Yet Wild

I realized today that the Stretch Long travel kit I planned to do is no longer made. Who else makes a good long travel kit I should look at?
Old 07-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

I'd go with the TXT with a Jakes longtravel. As mentioned before, the rxv has brake glitches, to the point of the brakes not working whatsoever. Get a newer TXT (post 2002) with a rack and pinion steering and you can have the option with Jakes to use their hydraulic brake system. I had the Jakes LT on a TXT I owned and had no problems running 26" tires. Go with a speed/torque motor from DnD and you'll be easily doing 26 mph on flats. Even more if you opt for high speed gears.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Avoid the 2008-2009 RXV's if you decide go go that route. Those early models has serious electric brake problems.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #8
Booshy
Not Yet Wild

Builder said he didn't think the Jake's long travel kit would support or work well with a Limo cart?? Really want a Stretch Plastic but there nowhere to be found.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #9
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I love the looks of the RXV personally but not sure I would limo one. No extended plastics for stretch is a major negative. I got the brush guard and tossed the plastic front in the trash. Looks great on a lifted cart, I get complements all the time on mine and it is a 2009 and no issues as others have stated. If you choose TXT just make sure you factor in 48 volts. If you buy a 36 volt limo power will disappoint you, all RXV's are already 48 volt and AC powered not DC.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO