lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Woofhound
Not Yet Wild

Default What is the difference between MCI vs non MCI?

What is the difference between MCI and non MCI, and what does MCI stand for? Which is better? I have an 03 TXT which I believe is MCI and i just picked up 2 workhorses 97 & 98 which are non MCI. I also have a 350 non MCI motor? i was thinking about putting in my TXT. any education will be appreciated.
Woofhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #2
sonicbug
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What is the difference between MCI vs non MCI?

Motor Cost Investigation

The cylinder head and the exhaust manifold are cast as one piece on mci pre mci it had a cast iron exhaust manifold that bolted to the head the rocker arm do not have a slot for a screw driver they are square on the mci version and the fan\flywheel was bored and broached on the pre mci model the just stamp a slot on the mci fan they use different coils pulse coils and ingitors only time will tell as which one was better most of the internal parts are the same they were trying to make a good engine for less money
sonicbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I was told by my EZGO serv rep reason for the change was better cold starting and emissions.

I also think the change was from robins to when Subaru partnered with them. I always seen robins/Subaru on the newer stuff.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I got the same info as COURTESY CART... The MCI has better startup time versus the lag the pre MCI has between starter engagement and actual combustion takeover. Made the emmisions better also.... The ignition scheme is a little different too.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
Woofhound
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies. I finally went to my ezgo dealer and got pretty much the same story. Dealer told me that the MCI carb is a POS. Using the choke while warming up will usually cause plug fouling and they tend to run lean.
Woofhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 02:04 PM   #6
SLICKRICK1212
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Having issues with carb, did they recommend a brand of carb? I see that non MCI has a 82 main jet and the MCI has an 80.......bought a cheap one on net says it's ok for 295 or 350 engine, but it floods out. could be float, but cant find float spec to measure. Starts but wont reve just putts.
SLICKRICK1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO