lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2014, 12:21 PM   #11
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Default Re: G16+Ausco Disc Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I've seen where guys who have stretched their frames had to move the rear brake cable bracked back a few inches, then they lengthened the threaded rod some to make it reach. Sounds like you could do that with the rod that's there. How short is the cable?

Or, you could order the pass side cable, that's what I did on mine. It works just fine, it's just physically a little long and hangs on the bottom of the frame. I zip tied it out of the way, piece of cake, can't even tell it's there. That should work.
OK, that's what I was wondering, if the passenger side cable would be too long, but it sounds like it would work. The cable is about an inch too short. I looked on-line and that cable is double the price of the drivers side....its like 2 inches more.... I really don't want to move the cable mount bracket - that could be a pain in the azz!!
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #12
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

OK, picked up a G16 passenger side cable today to replace the drivers side. Weird thing was, typical G16 passenger cables (JF2-F6351-10-00) are 53 1/2" long. The cable they gave me, which matches that part number is 50" long. Oh well, hopefully it'll work. FYI - the G16 drivers side cable (JN6-F6341-00-00) is 43 1/2" long.

I'll head out now and go get the new cable installed. Hopefully, that's the last bump in this project!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:03 PM   #13
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Just move the bracket,no big deal. No cost for a new cable, just alittle labor time and it will work great. You may not even have to lengthen the adjusting rod, depending on how much it needs to be moved. Remeber, if you put a longer cable on the driverside it probably will effect the throw of the equilizer. You know me...allway's adding my 2 cents worth
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:57 AM   #14
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Just move the bracket,no big deal. No cost for a new cable, just alittle labor time and it will work great. You may not even have to lengthen the adjusting rod, depending on how much it needs to be moved. Remeber, if you put a longer cable on the driverside it probably will effect the throw of the equilizer. You know me...allway's adding my 2 cents worth
Yes, your right. That's exactly what it did. I put on the new cable on the drivers side and now the passenger side isn't pulling as hard. I have no choice but to build a bracket on the passenger side about 1 inch further back. Should come close to equalizing it.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #15
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Brake job is done for now. I am tired of f*ing with it. I welded on a bracket 1 1/2 inches back for the passenger side, but it still isn't equal pressure, but close. I took it for a ride, but for one, I couldn't feel my face after about a minute and two, my road is pure ice, so I have no idea if they are really working or not!! Seems like they go to the floor and yet still drag when not on.

I started this thread to help out others in the future, and then see that hydraulic disk brakes are the same price right now - $199. Oh well....
Old 06-21-2016, 04:30 PM   #16
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bringing up an old thread but we're are these hydraulic disk brakes from?
Was looking up auscos and found this thread
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha