lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
chuck3815
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1975 ezgo starts and dies when clutch kicks in,

finally got my ezgo to run on jack stands. When I put it on ground it starts revs up tires chirp and it dies repeatedly. Could this be something to do with drive or driven clutch? do they need cleaned or do you think something else. Its a pg1 175cc engine, 120 compression. I just dont know where to go next. thanks for any help
chuck3815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1975 ezgo starts and dies when clutch kicks in,

If the engine revs up to fast you may have an issue with the throttle cable/carb linkage. If not, I would look at the drive clutch that may engage before the R's are going up. You should have to rev the engine up and see the drive clutch start to close up. If it seems to be engaged right off the start, you prob have an issue with the clutch.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1975 ezgo starts and dies when clutch kicks in,

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck3815 View Post
finally got my ezgo to run on jack stands. When I put it on ground it starts revs up tires chirp and it dies repeatedly. Could this be something to do with drive or driven clutch? do they need cleaned or do you think something else. Its a pg1 175cc engine, 120 compression. I just dont know where to go next. thanks for any help
What did you gap the points at?
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO