lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #11
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: 03 FE290 - gas in the oil?

Yeah, keep it on the mild side for him. Keep us posted as to what you find.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #12
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
Yeah, keep it on the mild side for him. Keep us posted as to what you find.
Took a while, but we're at camp for the Fourth, and I got a chance to look at my Grandpa's cart today. I can blow through the pulse line (gently) and just keep blowing - I can hear the air hissing inside the pump. The pump also looks like it has leaked a little also, I've never seen it that dirty before - I'm guessing the diaphragm is torn and allowing fuel into the oil plus the excess to leak, is that a likely assumption?
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #13
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

I know its an 84 year old man's cart, but I just couldn't take the 11 MPH speed, especially when I knew the motor had so much more available power without even getting close to hurting itself. Did the ziptie mod on the governor and went from 11.5 to 16 MPH with more adjustment available before the RPMs get too high. That's a decent increase though, and I know it's safe for the motor. It REALLY helps with the hills, which we have all over the camp. Think I'll get a fuel pump coming Monday and bring it back in a couple weeks when we come back. My Grandpa hasn't driven it since the mod, nor does he know about it - I can't wait to see him the first time he floors it.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #14
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

The new pump is in. Doesn't seem to keep the filters as full, but it seems to run well. Also doesn't smell of gasoline while running as badly, maybe the other pump was allowing too much fuel? I think the vent/overflow was plugged up by the looks of it. I'll know if it fixed the problem at the middle of fall when I bring the cart back home for him and service it.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:14 AM   #15
gatesjunior
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, by the looks of the original oil, I would take a look sooone than that. Pull the dip stick at least and make sure it looks like oil and not mud. That is not good for the engine, bearings, etc.. You do not want to run that engine for lengths of time with that kind of oil in it.
gatesjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #16
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Changed the oil on my Grandpa's 03 DS this morning before taking it to camp for him. Stick showed a little over full, and the oil was milky-ish.

Attachment 102984

Governor is hooked up and the cart is driven easily by an 84 year old man. Does this look like gas in the oil to you guys? What could be the cause of this? I always change the oil in spring and use exactly the right amount (37 oz.) and the stick shows exactly full when I'm done.

And yes, I used a Fram filter last time used STP this time.
93---If Grandpa doesn't drive the cart very often or when he does, he doesn't go very far, it could be that condensation could be the problem. It looks like water in the oil to me. Condensation forms inside all engines depending on the climate. If the engine never reaches operating temperature to evaporate the condensation, it will collect in the oil. If you don't smell a lot of fuel in the oil, this could be a large part of your problem.

Grandpa will probably not change his driving habits so just try and change the oil more often.

Hope this helps
Dave
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:21 AM   #17
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatesjunior View Post
Well, by the looks of the original oil, I would take a look sooone than that. Pull the dip stick at least and make sure it looks like oil and not mud. That is not good for the engine, bearings, etc.. You do not want to run that engine for lengths of time with that kind of oil in it.
I changed that as SOON as I saw it that way, it still looks honey golden and isn't overfull currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olman View Post
93---If Grandpa doesn't drive the cart very often or when he does, he doesn't go very far, it could be that condensation could be the problem. It looks like water in the oil to me. Condensation forms inside all engines depending on the climate. If the engine never reaches operating temperature to evaporate the condensation, it will collect in the oil. If you don't smell a lot of fuel in the oil, this could be a large part of your problem.

Grandpa will probably not change his driving habits so just try and change the oil more often.

Hope this helps
Dave
That's spot-on as to his driving habits, I'd bet condensation is what's causing the issue, especially since it's a cooler climate here at camp, plus the heat and cold of the winter when he drives it at home would make condensation, without getting hot enough to evaporate it. Sure was a LOT of water though.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:06 AM   #18
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You would be surprised how little water it takes to make a quart of oil milky looking.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #19
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olman View Post
You would be surprised how little water it takes to make a quart of oil milky looking.
I agree with that, but it was way overfull on the dipstick too.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car