lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
stravis
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 Sputtering and Oil Change

Hey guys, I've got a yamaha G29 gas that I'm having some slight issues with. This cart is primarily used as transportation on construction sites, so it does get some abuse. Right now I'm using it on my farm.

Tonight it ran great until it warmed up some then it started struggling at speed as though it was starving a little for fuel. Here's my plan, please tell me if you think this is a good start or if there's something else you'd recommend.

I'm ordering a tune up kit here that will change the air filter, pre filter, fuel filter, and spark plug. Easy enough. I'm also going to drain the fuel bowl and might drain the tank to make sure there's no contaminants in there. Finally I'm going to change the oil.

Here's my stupid question. I can't find the dang oil filter? Any help here?

Is there anything else you'd recommend I check or change to address the sputtering issue?

Thanks in advance, folks!
stravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #2
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Sputtering and Oil Change

No oil filter on Yamaha g29.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
stravis
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertakamagoo View Post
No oil filter on Yamaha g29.
Thanks, man. I thought I was losing it.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:32 AM   #4
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Anytime I use Moble 1 for oil. Please let us know how you make out.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:35 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

No oil filter, AND exactaly 1qt oil.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:43 AM   #6
dbmachine
Gone Wild

1 quart no matter if its lifted or stock.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #7
stravis
Not Yet Wild

Changed the air filter, pre-filter, fuel filter, spark plug and oil.

Still sputtering. In fact, it's getting worse. Driving around for a short while I noticed the new fuel filter had very little fuel at the bottom where the old filter was about two thirds full. Would that be indicative of a bad fuel pump?

It seems to me that it's starving for fuel. Only things I can think of are fuel pump or clogged line. I'll check all of the lines this weekend, but would rather not throw $85 at a fuel pump unless I'm fairly confident that's the issue.

Any ideas guys?
Old 07-18-2014, 08:58 PM   #8
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Are you running ethanol gas through it. Has the cart sat up for any time??? What you can do to see if its the fuel pump is take the hose going to the carb from the fuel pump loose and put it in a water bottle and press the pedal. Should pump a nice flow of gas if the pump is good. Most likely your carb needs a thorough cleaning
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:26 PM   #9
stravis
Not Yet Wild

I use ethanol free, but on a jobsite it certainly could have had some 10% in it at some point. It hasn't sat at all, which is why I don't suspect that to be the problem. This came on somewhat suddenly.

Thanks for the tip on how to test the pump. I'll do that and check fuel lines for blockages this weekend.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #10
duramax
Gone Wild

I have the same problem fuel filter is only 1/4 full. I replaced the fuel pump but nothing changed. I have cleaned the carb 3x & replaced the jets with the ones I got from don still starves for fuel after a while notice it going up hill mostly. check the vacume line from the fuel pump to the crank case if it is clogged or cracked your fuel pump wont work correctly. some other people say the ignition cuts out when it gets hot?
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha