lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #11
stravis
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G29 Sputtering and Oil Change

Checked all the fuel lines and the vacuum line from the pump. All looked fine. Checked the pump itself and it seems to be working fine also.

I'm at a loss.
stravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #12
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I would remove the carb and give it a good cleaning. I had a 09 that started bucking and skipping from time to time. One day i went inside for ice for the beer cooler and when i returned the cart wouldnt start at all. Removed the carb and on the bottom where the bowl is there a tube that you have to have a long flat head screwdriver to remove the pipe inside the tube. The pipe has several holes around it and i had over half of them clogged with gunk. Cleaned everything else with carb cleaner and compressed air and everything was back to normal.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:59 PM   #13
duramax
Gone Wild

did that to mine & still boggs out on some hills but 1/4 choke will help
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:14 PM   #14
Stacy Haberer
Not Yet Wild

Check your fuel tank vent. I had an older Yamaha that acted the same way. The fuel tank vent was plugged causing a vacuum in the tank. The vacuum reduced the amount of fuel to the carburetor. I'm not a mechanic but this did cure the problem on my Old G one
Stacy Haberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:17 AM   #15
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would gently blow some air back through the fuel tank line (heading back towards the tank) NOT THROUGH THE FILTER, the line between the filter and the tank. I am not sure if anyone has had a problem with the fuel shutoff valve ontop of the fuel tank.....also maybe look at the fuel pickup line in the tank.
I also gently blew some air back to the crankcase line.

Last edited by icyveins; 05-02-2016 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: wrong information
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:51 AM   #16
Bob's Cay
Not Yet Wild

I had some of the same problems. After having carb cleaned a couple of times, my issue turn out to be a fuel pump. Service guy replaced the plastic pump with a metal style. It has run great for 2 weekends in a row which is great news to me.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ustrating.html
Bob's Cay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:00 AM   #17
Cobrasw8
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have a G16 that has been sputtering when it warms up and also have to choke to get moving sometimes. I changed carb,fuel pump, vacuum lines,fuel lines,fuel filter. A fellow here recommended my coil might be giving up when the motor warms up. Coil on order. I hope this helps you.
Cobrasw8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:30 AM   #18
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrasw8 View Post
I have a G16 that has been sputtering when it warms up and also have to choke to get moving sometimes. I changed carb,fuel pump, vacuum lines,fuel lines,fuel filter. A fellow here recommended my coil might be giving up when the motor warms up. Coil on order. I hope this helps you.
Keep us updated on your problem...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:08 AM   #19
BigEd358
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Also, jack up the rear of the cart to get all of the oil out of the motor. The motor leans back and unless you raise the rear to as close to level as you can get, you will leave old oil in the case. That will affect the amount of oil in the cart after your oil change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
1 quart no matter if its lifted or stock.
BigEd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha