lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
sradosta
Not Yet Wild

Default Pioneer 1200 Govenor Fix

Gurus,

I just purchased this cart yesterday. I would like to zip tie the governor in order to get more speed. I don't want to destroy the engine or hot rod the thing, just go a few miles per hour faster. Stock it states that the cart will run between 17-19 mph. How much speed can I expect to increase if I rig it with the zip tie? This is the 13hp Kawasaki engine. Also what are the dangers if this mod is applied? lastly, are the instructions the same as in the stickies? anyone have a good illustration as to what should be performed. Thanks.
sradosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Pioneer 1200 Govenor Fix

Got pics of the governor?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
sradosta
Not Yet Wild

Ok, So I figured out the zip tie governor trick. Now for a couple of questions hopefully someone can answer. With the Kawasaki fe400 what is the maximum recommended rpm's with the zip tie mod? I read that the fe350 should be no more than 4400 rpm's after mod. Does that increase with the fe400?

Question 2: what are the benefits of removing the rev limiter cable? obviously it won't increase speed correct? Also with the governor tied, does the rev limiter serve any beneficial purpose (meaning engine protection)?

In general im looking to maximize my carts performance without spending any money and also not putting the engine in too much jeopardy.

Thanks fellas!
Old 07-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Not sure if your 400 has a rev limiter but if it does I would leave it connected. It is my understanding the 400 needs to stay at 4k or less
Old 07-24-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
sradosta
Not Yet Wild

does the fe350 need to stay below 4000? if I set my cart over 4000 it would not be run for sustained periods of time, merely short bursts.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:12 PM   #6
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Red line would be the same. More HP allows you to roll taller tires.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm an EZ guy so don't know. My 400 Kawasaki does not have the rev limiter and read here be careful over 4k which is why she has a tach..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car