lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Rebuild Starter/Gen?

I've never tried to shut off my cart via the key...while at the same time leaving my foot on the gas pedal (?). Maybe I'm reading you wrong here?

Great to hear that the internal motor issues are sorted out!
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

And post up or link to some pics already! I see what looks like a pic of the cart in your avatar.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #13
colu41
Getting Wild

So before I went and did anything. I checked wiring. Its all good, and tight. And I borrowed my brothers volt meter and tested the battery. The battery tested 13.2 volts? We figured starting and running the cart so much yesterday killed the battery but it seems fine. What could this be?
My wife left and has my cart keys in her car so I can't even try to start it now
but, if it doesn't start, (where yesterday after running it wouldn't even spin the starter) what does that mean?
colu41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #14
colu41
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
I've never tried to shut off my cart via the key...while at the same time leaving my foot on the gas pedal (?). Maybe I'm reading you wrong here?

Great to hear that the internal motor issues are sorted out!
i mean even in service mode, with the engine pedal kill switch unplugged (so motor stays running without having to hit the pedal), the key wont kill the motor. So i have to put it in gear, (while running) and plug back in the kill switch wire. Its really annoying. lol

Anyways yes, the motor is running smoother and IMO quieter than any new gas cart i've ever drove so. I'm happy with that, but now figuring out the rest is just irritating after all this work.

I'll post more pics soon, whenever I get it to 100%...
Old 09-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #15
colu41
Getting Wild

I've came to the conclusion this is not a starter problem. Battery is fine. Testing at 13.6 volts at rest. Trying to start all I hear is the click of the solenoid. Could a completely burnt out regulator cause this? Or is the starter shot? You would think it would still attempt to turn over if the starter was going bad but now I have no clue.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #16
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

You don't have to unplug any wires to put it in service mode (?), all you have to do is pull that spring-loaded plastic yellow cam on the backside of the shifter and flip it 180 degrees. Once you do that the cart motor will run only in neutral and not in gear.

I've never had any need to run the motor without hitting the pedal. The cart isn't designed to be run that way for maintenance. It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with your cart in that regard, you're just using a jerry-rigged method of running the motor for maintenance.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:41 PM   #17
colu41
Getting Wild

Quote:
You don't have to unplug any wires to put it in service mode (?), all you have to do is pull that spring-loaded plastic yellow cam on the backside of the shifter and flip it 180 degrees. Once you do that the cart motor will run only in neutral and not in gear.

I've never had any need to run the motor without hitting the pedal. The cart isn't designed to be run that way for maintenance. It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with your cart in that regard, you're just using a jerry-rigged method of running the motor for maintenance.

Yes I understand that. But even with the kill switch cable connected, (while its in service mode) the motor will still run without foot on the pedal?

To reiterate from what I've found. The battery is fine, but now all I hear when trying to turn over is the solenoid clicking. That's it :/
Old 09-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #18
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Your regulator is more likely to be bad than the starter. There's a way to test it that someone posted on here but I'm not sure where it is.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #19
colu41
Getting Wild

Quote:
Your regulator is more likely to be bad than the starter. There's a way to test it that someone posted on here but I'm not sure where it is.
I know exactly how to test it but the motor needs to be running. lol.. I can't get it started.

Battery is brand new testing 13.3-13.6 volts. Was running yesterday for awhile. Had to jump it for some reason each time to start. Now cant even do that. So could bad regulator cause it to not even attempt to turn over the starter motor?

Hard to test for voltages without the motor running.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:46 PM   #20
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

If you put a screwdriver across the two large posts on the solenoid will it start?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car