lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #11
Beastmode1974
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 82 ezgo will not run

Yes it does. It does ignite the fuel enough to make it pop a little, but not enough to run. I do get a little exhaust to come out. I also removed the muffler to see if that was the issue. No luck there either.
Beastmode1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2015, 08:23 PM   #12
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Open the plug gap to .045" and make sure the carb is not flooding the motor.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:10 AM   #13
Beastmode1974
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am getting good spark. Still no fire. How much pressure should I get from fuel pump?
Old 03-08-2015, 12:16 AM   #14
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

The pump isn't there to provide pressure. It is there to provide enough volume to keep up with the demand of the motor.
If the plug is wet, it sounds like you are getting too much fuel. Check the float height. Also, check the compression.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:58 PM   #15
Beastmode1974
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Alright, here is a quick update.
I have been racking my brain on what could be wrong with my ezgo. I replaced a few parts, rebuilt the carburetor, and swapped out the ignitor. Still nothing. Not even a glimmer of hope. Today I talked to a local mechanic at a golf course. He said he has bad luck with parts he has ordered from Buggies Unlimited. That is where I bought the ignitor. The mechanic encouraged me to start from scratch. I went through all the wiring. I checked the voltage going into the ignitor, it was at 12.4 volts. I then checked the discharge side, 10.4 volts. I swapped it out with a 1978 Chevy ignitor. I used the stock coil. He also told me to close the gap on the spark plug to .024. I hit the gas pedal and it fired. It did belch out black smoke for 30 seconds or so, now it is running pretty good. I still need to mess with the air/ fuel mixture on the carb to get it dialed in.
I appreciate all the help from everyone. There was a thread for the HEI install that was a huge help.
The one good thing about all of this, I learned a ton about how the cart works.
Always have to look at the bright side.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO