lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #21
SilverPhantom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Dual headlights for a precedent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
SilverPhantom, The current draw is very low for LED lights. It could possibly burn for weeks with the size of the battery pack. First of all I have a 48v to 12v converter that is wired to the key switch, so this shuts down everything when the key is off. The cyclops light is wired as a DRL, it is always on except when the main headlights are on. I wired a relay into the light switch so that when you turn on the lights it turns off the DRL. If you decide to do this let me know and I'll make you a drawing.
JJ,

I would like to add a cyclops light onto my cart in addition to the phantom lights. However, I would prefer they all be wired together and all come on/off with the light switch that I have. Do you think that would be possible without drawing too much on the batteries? If so, would it need any additional converters or etc? Also, any wiring ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SP
SilverPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2015, 08:39 PM   #22
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

A lot of people believe that you should run all of your accessories off of the entire battery pack not just one 12v battery. That means buying a 48 to 12v converter. The decision is up to you. Keep in mind that Club Car sells their cars w/o a converter. Two cyclops lights and two headlights equals 140 watts (35 watts ea) which is nothing compared to the 2500w that the 3.3hp motor draws.

Forgot to add that there's a wiring harness available from the phantom body people that lets you hook up both set of light without having to cut and splice into your existing wires. Plug and Play
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #23
SilverPhantom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

That sounds perfect!! I'll look for it, but in the meantime do you happen to have a link? I'll check Double Take's website....

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #24
SilverPhantom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
A lot of people believe that you should run all of your accessories off of the entire battery pack not just one 12v battery. That means buying a 48 to 12v converter. The decision is up to you. Keep in mind that Club Car sells their cars w/o a converter. Two cyclops lights and two headlights equals 140 watts (35 watts ea) which is nothing compared to the 2500w that the 3.3hp motor draws.

Forgot to add that there's a wiring harness available from the phantom body people that lets you hook up both set of light without having to cut and splice into your existing wires. Plug and Play
JJ,

I haven't been able to locate the wire that you described in your post above. Can you provide me with a link or phone number to purchase the wiring harness you described above?

Thanks in advance,
SP
Old 08-25-2015, 05:50 PM   #25
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've looked for the light instruction sheet for the light kit but I can't find it. My kit didn't come from Doubletake it came from Club Car. I suggest you email David Hicks at Revolution Golf Carts and ask him if he can find a Club Car part number. What you are looking for is a cable to wire the Cyclops headlight in parallel with the added doubletake headlights.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:07 PM   #26
SilverPhantom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Will do!!! Thanks again.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:51 AM   #27
zhhb84
Not Yet Wild

i found this picture another site...

i dont know why front cowl of this cart is like this...

zhhb84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:28 AM   #28
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit8matt View Post
Here's the link if anyone cares to see it.
http://www.roanoketexas.com/315/Golf-Cart-Permit
Apparently they have been failing carts with only the single headlight like my club car has.

Overall I think it's a fairly lenient set of restrictions, but regardless I have to come up with something.
a. Operational headlamps; (2 required)

b. Operational tail lamps; (2 required)

c. Side reflectors; (2 front: amber in color and 2 rear: red in color)

d. Operational parking brake; and

e. Rearview mirror(s); capable of a clear unobstructed view of at least 200 feet to the rear)

No mention of brake/stop lights ,
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #29
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhhb84 View Post
i found this picture another site...

i dont know why front cowl of this cart is like this...

If those lights take the 9004 HB1 bulbs, I put these in the other day, draw 2 amps and are brighter than the halogens,

Amazon.com: HOT SYSTEM™ 2x Super Bright 21W 9004 HB1 White LED Low Beam Headlamps Headlight Samsung LED Bulbs DC12V 2-Pack: Automotive Amazon.com: HOT SYSTEM™ 2x Super Bright 21W 9004 HB1 White LED Low Beam Headlamps Headlight Samsung LED Bulbs DC12V 2-Pack: Automotive
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:15 PM   #30
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have the Phantom Body and LED's if this helps :

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...tery-more.html
fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car