lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default What year Precedent?

If you take the price out of the equation, Also if all are in the same condition etc. Basic model no upgrades. What would be the best year of Precedent to buy and why? There are so many out there now, IQ, PH, 12v batteries, 8v batteries. I am looking to buy one just want to know what would be my best bet.

Thanks CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2015, 04:49 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: What year Precedent?

My main thing would be 8v batteries. Even though I have never experienced it first hand, I have heard of many run time issues on here with the 12s. As for the drive systems, I don't think you can go wrong, IQ seems like a solid system, and I view the Excel system as just a better version of the IQ.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:46 PM   #3
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have 12v batteries on my 2008.5 cart, I souped the cart up, run up and down gravel roads, hilly terrain and travel trails. I also have a 2012 cart with 8v batteries, used vrs the 12s were new when I got it, Jan 2014. Almost 2 years I still get good run time on the cart and I push it harder than the other one at home. I'm thinking run-time isn't significantly different vrs the actual usable life of them. I suspect that If I get 4 years that would be exceptional vrs the 5 to 7 out of the cart with 8v batts. Only time will tell, I am keeping track of that. I do plan on converting once I have to replace the batteries.

As far as what year, 2008.5 and newer I wouldn't care what type controller etc these days they have upgrades for all of them. The 2008.5 can be converted without much to do other than get two battery cables to connect the two extra batteries. The tray will fit either set-up, it has a pullout to remove to use the 6 8v batteries. Everything body wise is practically the same, I wouldn't worry about that. I should of opted to the the 2010 cart and save $600 on the price tag, over the 2012.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #4
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

What years had the 12v batteries and when did they start the Excel system?

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #5
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think they still sell carts with 4 12s, matter in fact I know they do from their website. Not sure on the exact year for the excel.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car