lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2015, 06:38 PM   #11
ez-ha
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How does a G16A shut off?

like this...
ez-ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #12
Petey
Not Yet Wild

So I should take off the black plastic shroud? I am going to go out and see what that entails. Yikes! I will have to cancel going hunting tomorrow! After I take the air cleaner off, can I get to all the screws that hold the shroud on without lifting the engine? You are pretty sure about this, right? Any other test that I can do? How about reading the ohms from the blue wire to ground? If it was connected properly, should there be a circuit? Because if it is off the terminal, there would be no circuit, right? Thanks.
Petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #13
ez-ha
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the engine out of mine right now so it was easy to pose it for the pic LOL. There are 5 bolts that hold the shroud on, not really sure if you can reach them all with the engine in. Maybe someone else knows if it is able to be done with the engine in.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:59 PM   #14
Petey
Not Yet Wild

One thing that I should probably check is that when I said I connected the blue wire to ground, it did not shut off. I actually jumped it to the black wire which is a ground wire. I should check to see if the ground is in fact grounded. I see that it is bolted to the engine block but the connection is a bit rusty.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #15
Petey
Not Yet Wild

By the way, my wife said you are a cool dude for taking a picture for me. I agree. Thanks
Old 10-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #16
Petey
Not Yet Wild

Do you think that I could cut a hole in the shroud with a dremel to reach in enough for a repair? Then I could patch it up enough so it would not leak too much air. I can see about where it is from your picture.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:23 PM   #17
ez-ha
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

No problem on the picture, everyone on here has been more than kind to me and I am just returning the favor! I would try to take out all the bolts you can reach and maybe bend the cover out a little to see if the wire is off rather than cutting a hole in it personally but its up to you if you want to go that route.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:51 PM   #18
Petey
Not Yet Wild

If you ever come across an explanation of a G16A electrical system for dummies, let me know. It would be helpful to know what events occur when you turn on the switch, when you first step on the gas pedal, then after it is running, then when you let off the gas pedal and then when you turn off the switch. That would be a lot of text but it would be very helpful to understand how this type of system works.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:57 PM   #19
ez-ha
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Link to wiring diagram that applies to my cart wiring
http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/ima...aha%20G16A.pdf
this is fairly clear for the most part.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:21 PM   #20
Petey
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I already have that electrical diagram. I have many questions about that one. I mean one for dumber dummies. I need a bit of explanation to know how all the little electrons run around that diagram. And I hear that they are really fast too. LOL. I am going to take another look at what I have to do. It won't take me too long because its 30 degrees out there now. Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha