lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2015, 10:18 AM   #1
shovel-86
Not Yet Wild

Default club car carryall VI will idle but won't Rev

Im not sure the year or motor in it. I know nothing about golf carts, please excuse any ignorances in this post..
First thought was lack of fuel, the vacuum operated pump seems to look good and does dribble gas out to the carburetor steadily. Added 2 electric universal car fuel pumps (used on car before and too weak for car, and tried simultaneously) doesn't seem to help at all. Without using either electric pumps it idles great. When you give it throttle it will go up a couple of rpm but won't Rev. From reading online I've seen in others cases it helps to choke it some or get too much air. Along with muffler being clogged as a possibility as well. Exhaust seems to flow well since it moves the sand under the cart and feels about what it should. What confuses me the most to check the operation of the choke since the button didn't seem to do anything I put my hand completely covering the intake on the carburetor and it will continue to idle like normal as well as not Rev with partial covering. Im at a loss here and my experience with car motors aren't helping. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance
shovel-86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
shovel-86
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: club car carryall VI will idle but won't Rev

Oh and it will idle with the fuel line off for as long as I had it in my hand (a couple minutes, not sure how the carburetor bowl is or how slow it should be to empty that)
Old 10-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Welcome to BGW shovel!

There's a common misconception of... is it idling? or, is the starter just cranking engine over?
To me? it sounds like the engine isn't starting, and it's just cranking!
and there are a number of things to look at from that starting point! (no pun intended! )
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 01:03 PM   #4
shovel-86
Not Yet Wild

Thank you.. Yes I just noticed the motor wasn't actually running from taking the spark plug out to test spark. It has spark.. But the motor was still moving.. That's what that is the starter spinning the motor? It's a quiet starter lol. Where would you start. At one point it would run on starter fluid but it isn't anymore
Old 10-25-2015, 02:12 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'm gonna have to get a little info on your cart,

First... we'll need to know the year of you cart!
There should be either a black and silver plate, or a nylon sticker on the foot rail just below the passenger side glove box,

(Click pic to expand)

Year Chart.jpg

It should read something like: JU0907-123456

JU = Carryall 6 gas
09 = 2009
07 = 7th week of production

Next would be... (since you have a Carryall VI) is it "key start"? or is it "pedal start"?

Old 10-25-2015, 02:24 PM   #6
shovel-86
Not Yet Wild

The first part of the serial number? That's JG9429 that's the only number im finding there
Old 10-25-2015, 02:26 PM   #7
shovel-86
Not Yet Wild

It's a key start
Old 10-25-2015, 02:31 PM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Perfect!

1994 key start Carryall 6 gas!

Looking at the engine from the passenger side (drive clutch view) the engine should be cranking Counter Clockwise... is it?
the reason I ask is because you said you have spark... sometimes the starter/generator wires get reversed,
and the engine will crank the opposite way it's supposed too!
Old 10-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #9
shovel-86
Not Yet Wild

I'll check right now
Old 10-25-2015, 02:59 PM   #10
shovel-86
Not Yet Wild

Yes everything is moving counter clockwise.. This is my friends cart and I'm staying with him at the moment it's his farm truck basically. He bought it from Walt Disney Years ago. It's treated him well for the most part. It's been down for a long time. Maybe about a year now. To the best of my knowledge its how it was since it's last run right as far as I know it just didn't start one day. Haven't tried too much yet due to not understanding how it works fully.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car