lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2015, 11:09 AM   #11
Airpirate
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 club car DS 48 volt

That is the correct diagram based on my configuration. Thanks much!
Airpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2015, 01:48 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I agree with Sergio. It sounds like you could potentially have a bad controller. Make certain that it's not a series motor in the vehicle. A Sepex motor will have a speed sensor pigtail on the end of the motor, a series motor will not. Make sure it's got the speed sensor. If it doesn't have the speed sensor, you'll need to install a compatible motor before you attempt to drive the vehicle.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:32 PM   #13
Airpirate
Not Yet Wild

I checked every wire per the attached diagram and all was correct except the blue wire from the key switch was connected to the orange wire to the meter rather than the green wire. Corrected the situation but no help. If I jumper the blue/white wire from the solenoid to the negative pack it runs on jacks, regardless of the fwd rev switch it only runs fwd. the controller was sent to the shop previously and they said it was good. Could it be the OBC? I've tried two different ones and did the reset procedure but no help. It charges fine and it sounds the reverse horn in reverse. Is there a way to bypass the OBC to determine if it is the cause?
Old 12-01-2015, 05:24 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The reverse buzzer is also powered by the OBC in your system, so that is not the problem.

The motor should not run by just jumping the solenoid without any other input unless unfortunately the controller is bad.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:50 PM   #15
Airpirate
Not Yet Wild

The main terminals on the solenoid are at 50 volts, the blue energizing coil wire is at 50 volts, i connected the blue white wire to the negative pack and it energizes the coil engaging the solenoid. I assumed the controller would normally connect the blue white wire to the pack to energize. Should the main terminals not be energized?
Old 12-01-2015, 06:53 PM   #16
Airpirate
Not Yet Wild

I also thought the OBC did much more than sound the back up buzzer, I thought it controlled charging and also enables the controller. The buzzer works and the charging system works.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You look at the wiring diagram for Your system, the OBC receives power on the Red/White wire and it provides power on the Blue wire to the harness.

That powers the controller logic, the Reverse buzzer, the FNR switch and the solenoid positive side.

Since You have power at the Reverse buzzer and the solenoid, there is nothing else the OBC can do to prevent the cart from running.

I am assuming You have the correct OEM OBC (the new ones will not work due to the power demand) and controller for that cart harness.

Aside from a mismatched component for the harness, the controller is bad.

Is the cart actually running or You are saying the wheels only turn with no load?
Old 12-01-2015, 09:39 PM   #18
Airpirate
Not Yet Wild

The solenoid only actuated if I provide a negative on the blue white wire and then it is full power. Without providing an external negative to the coil the solenoid doesn't actuate. I have no idea if I have the correct OBC. I found a lockout bypass from a JanFeb 2012 issue of golf car news Ask the guru that shows how to bypass the lockout. It says to connect the yellow, blue, and white wires on the cart side of the OBC connector directly to the positive pack. This supposedly will bypass any OBC lockout problem. I'm thinking of giving that a try.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:26 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That procedure does make any sense (the yellow wire is a signal from the controller to the OBC and irrelevant in this case), but it should not cause any harm.

Just be careful because you would also be by-passing the tow/run switch.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:55 PM   #20
Airpirate
Not Yet Wild

Il measure voltage at several points involved and review the schematic before I attempt this. I appreciate your input and will let you know how things turn out.

Tags
pre charge resistor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car