lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #11
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: electrical wiring help for 90 watt LED Light Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I think a lot of folks use the dual illuminated rocker switches, a small led light comes on when +12v is available, the larger indicator only illuminates when the switch is ON.

This is the pin out, I posted the picture because is easier to follow.

Thanks Sergio ...I was typing while you posted , so the led lit rocker is lit as long as the cart's key switch is on ?
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, the small "horizontal" led on the bottom of the Rocker switch will come ON when the Converter gets powered by the cart's Key Switch.

When You turn the actual Rocker Switch ON, then the larger LED on the Top of the Rocker switch, usually with a label or picture will illuminate as well.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 03:55 PM   #13
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was just curious , This setup sounded like what you were looking for plus the switch will be easy to find at night, I have my switch for driving and regular lights by my FWD/REV housing with middle off and up regular lights and tail with other position tail and driving lights. rear sockets have the 1157 bulbs so I am working on brake lights, have the switches just need the time to make the bracket for under side. They seem simple using two N/C switches being held open .
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 04:59 PM   #14
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbooz View Post

Crash ...I see that the switch you use has three pins instead of 5, the way I had this install in my mind was to use a converter switched at the cart's key switch then have the rocker switch powered from the converter, then have the led light bar powered from the rocker switch ...would that be correct ? if so I was hoping that since the reducer is switched at the key, then once I switch the key off it would in turn, cut power to the converter , which would cut the power to the led lit rocker switch . please correct me if I am wrong as I am trying to get this figured out before I attempt to install everything ...thanks for everyone's help. I ordered a converter from David /Revolution golf cars
yes ... you wire the 12v power from keyed reducer to LED light switch that way it is off with key

here is one i diagrammed for a guy

Sergio's switches are way cool .. i may try them
Old 11-27-2015, 09:25 PM   #15
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks Crash ..I'm printing that diagram, that's the way I had it in my head but is nice to have a diagram to go by, yeah those switches are nice especially at night you can see the illuminated switch and won't have to fumble around trying to find it, it sounds like Sergio is saying it's cheaper to make the harness instead of buying it already put together but making the harness with relay and fuse is WAY over my head, I am learning a lot from you guys though. I'm going to get me one of those fuse blocks /buss bar ....that seems to be the way to go especially if you want to add something later.

Thanks to everyone for the help...much appreciated !
Old 11-27-2015, 09:34 PM   #16
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbooz View Post
Thanks Crash ..I'm printing that diagram, that's the way I had it in my head but is nice to have a diagram to go by, yeah those switches are nice especially at night you can see the illuminated switch and won't have to fumble around trying to find it, it sounds like Sergio is saying it's cheaper to make the harness instead of buying it already put together but making the harness with relay and fuse is WAY over my head, I am learning a lot from you guys though. I'm going to get me one of those fuse blocks /buss bar ....that seems to be the way to go especially if you want to add something later.

Thanks to everyone for the help...much appreciated !
One thing is that the harness has an outer cover and when you install it be sure and look for places it may pinch or rub. Also after running be sure and tie it down with some wire ties, it's good to follow the original harness and maybe replace some of it's wire ties if they are brittle.
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:59 PM   #17
crash test dummy

i always make my own harness
i twist the wires together with a drill then feed them into a wire loom tube

Old 11-27-2015, 10:38 PM   #18
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

glassk and CTD, thanks for the info. Will certainly keep those things in mind, also when does this constant upgrading stop?
Old 11-27-2015, 11:32 PM   #19
crash test dummy

the day before you sell it for another
Old 11-28-2015, 10:57 AM   #20
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
the day before you sell it for another
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car