lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2018, 09:47 AM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Adjusting governor

Bump for reference.

Lockman it looks like you used two zip ties on yours? I have a friend with a 2007 cart who is asking me to speed it up some.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2018, 11:01 AM   #12
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Bump for reference.

Lockman it looks like you used two zip ties on yours? I have a friend with a 2007 cart who is asking me to speed it up some.
Yup!
(and it's still up for debate whether it was my common sense kicking in? or... just overthinking it!)

The reason I did 2 ties was because it makes it more of an oval shape, rather than round with just one tie.

My thought was...
it's less of a chance for the governor to kick in at mid-throttle causing an up/down/up/down speed response with both the spring, and a single, springy round tie.

Hopefully that makes sense!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:18 PM   #13
Lenny5160
Not Yet Wild

I really want to try this, but it seems like a lot of work to access the area with the backseat assembly that is currently on it!

My 2002 DS goes about 14-15 mph on flat ground.
Lenny5160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:28 PM   #14
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
I really want to try this, but it seems like a lot of work to access the area with the backseat assembly that is currently on it!

My 2002 DS goes about 14-15 mph on flat ground.
I also thought this was going be an issue, but then I jacked up the rear of my father-in-law's 2005 DS (more or less the same cart as my friend's 2007 DS) by the rear of the frame, and the transaxle hung down far enough on the suspension to leave enough room to get up in there to install the zip ties. No sweat.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #15
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Yup!
(and it's still up for debate whether it was my common sense kicking in? or... just overthinking it!)

The reason I did 2 ties was because it makes it more of an oval shape, rather than round with just one tie.

My thought was...
it's less of a chance for the governor to kick in at mid-throttle causing an up/down/up/down speed response with both the spring, and a single, springy round tie.

Hopefully that makes sense!
It totally does. I'm going to do the same thing.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #16
Lenny5160
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I also thought this was going be an issue, but then I jacked up the rear of my father-in-law's 2005 DS (more or less the same cart as my friend's 2007 DS) by the rear of the frame, and the transaxle hung down far enough on the suspension to leave enough room to get up in there to install the zip ties. No sweat.
I'm going to give that a look! Thank you!
Old 07-23-2018, 04:53 AM   #17
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Bump for reference.

Did my first official zip tie mod on the cart mentioned above and it worked like a charm. My friend was floored that I was able to speed up his cart so quickly and cheaply. He is an older gentleman who just wanted 2-3 extra mph, so I only cinched the zip tie down a short amount to get him that. He's been driving it around for about two weeks now and thanks me every time I see him around the campground.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:36 PM   #18
Lenny5160
Not Yet Wild

I was able to get the zip ties on mine and it has just touched the rev limiter and cut out a couple times, but I'm still only getting 14-15 mph. I'm thinking the clutch must need some work.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:18 PM   #19
RickCC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I would suggest pulling the cable that comes directly from the throttle box, remove from governor and install directly to carb. eliminate the governor completly. The cart will drive awesome at low speeds just with use of the pedal, if needed the extra power- mash the pedal down and go! It was relatively easy to do on my old DS.
RickCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 11:35 AM   #20
suts onward
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Then unhook the GND to the speed limiter.
What do you mean when you say to unhook the gnd. I zip tied mine and im getting about 23 MPH but it does jump a bit on takeoff with stock wheels. its a new onward.
suts onward is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car