lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2017, 09:12 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent i2 Excel speed upgrade questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnik View Post
W4RWF - Thank you for taking me to battery university! What are your thoughts about a battery tender that would allow me to keep my cart plugged in in my absence and fully charged

David i'd bet you can help me with that too?
Yes I can. I can sell you a Lester "Summit" charger that has a winter storage mode that will keep your batteries fresh.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2017, 01:38 PM   #12
hdnik
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yes I can. I can sell you a Lester "Summit" charger that has a winter storage mode that will keep your batteries fresh.
Looks like the way to go. At the risk of seeming like a PITA and opening a huge can o' worms... what about the OBC Bypass.

I have read the "stickies" and it gets a bit in the weeds. Should the entire OBC be essentially removed? (Bypassed completely) Any downside?

Is there a good visual aids for this surgery on an I2L Excel Precedent somewhere?

It looks like in the end I want a clean install of the new XCT300 Controller with the obc surgically neutralized and a summit charger in my garage (with a 3 prong precedent plug? or onboard?)
hdnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Looks like the way to go. At the risk of seeming like a PITA and opening a huge can o' worms... what about the OBC Bypass.

I have read the "stickies" and it gets a bit in the weeds. Should the entire OBC be essentially removed? (Bypassed completely) Any downside?

Is there a good visual aids for this surgery on an I2L Excel Precedent somewhere?

It looks like in the end I want a clean install of the new XCT300 Controller with the obc surgically neutralized and a summit charger in my garage (with a 3 prong precedent plug? or onboard?)
No problem. The OBC bypass is extremely simple. When you're doing the install you'll be able to see exactly how to do it. There is a 6 pin connector that plugs into the back of the OBC. Un-plug it. Locate the small grey wire that plugs into the back of the OBC. Un-plug it. This wire is the control lead for the PowerDrive charger. It's no longer necessary once the OBC is bypassed. It can be cut off and taped up. Next you'll see the 10 gauge black wire that's plugged into a small clip on the back of the OBC. Un-clip it. You may now remove the OBC completely. On the 10 gauge black wire with the clip on it, you'll need to cut the clip off and install a 5/16" Ring terminal on the end of the wire in place of the clip. This wire will now go to the main negative battery post or the "B-" Post of the controller. Next you'll need to locate the 6 pin connector that you unplugged from the OBC. Clip the blue wire and the white wire off of the connector and connect them to each other. The remaning wires in the connector will not be re-used. The connector can be taped up and ignored in the future. The OBC is now bypassed and the vehicle will work without it. A smart charger such as the Lester Summit can now be plugged into the charger receptacle and will charge the vehicle. An on-board charger will work just as well. Whichever one you get is totally your decision. The on-board charger will simply wire directly to the battery pack. With the OBC removed, you'll have much more room to mount the XCT controller. I have photos of some of my installations if you're interested.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #14
hdnik
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

David Thank you - seems easy enough. Yes pics would be awesome. you could post them here or email them to me at nick.sebastian@cogeco.ca

Also I went to Lester's website and saw their by-pass kit - I see fuses and things in this drawing. I assume none of them are required if i'm changing the controller to the Alltrax? (see drawing from Lester)

Capture.JPG
hdnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:55 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
David Thank you - seems easy enough. Yes pics would be awesome. you could post them here or email them to me at nick.sebastian@cogeco.ca

Also I went to Lester's website and saw their by-pass kit - I see fuses and things in this drawing. I assume none of them are required if i'm changing the controller to the Alltrax? (see drawing from Lester)

Attachment 145680
You don't need all that fancy stuff from Lester. If you do as I specified in the above post, that's all you'll need to do. I am emailing you a photo now of my install.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car