lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2017, 12:11 PM   #1
chris2352
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Gas Club car won't shift.

I just bought a Club Car gas cart with a Model T body. All serial numbers were removed when the original body and frame were removed and cut to fit the new body on. I have no way of knowing what year it is but am assuming by the air cleaner that it is possibly a 97 or newer. A very hacked up job. Anyway I have all the wiring and fuel system back the way it should be but the governor lever is missing and the shaft it would be connected to just spins freely. Also the shift lever stands straight up and won't move in any direction like it is frozen in place. Any help in figuring out why it won't shift would be greatly appreciated.
chris2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2017, 12:59 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Gas Club car won't shift.

Can you shift the cart into gear by disconnecting the cable and reaching up and grabbing the lever on the transaxle? If it goes into gear than its a linkage issue.

Post pics so we can have look, and also see what a cart with a model T body looks like.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
chris2352
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cable was disconnected when I bought it like everything else. Stuck in neutral position but it's like the gears are engaged. Just took the transmission off and opened it up to find the governor parts are missing and no oil in it. I oiled the bearings and synchronizers and managed to free one side up so it now shifts that way ok but the gear on the other side is stuck and won't free wheel on the shaft. Any idea how to free that gear up? Pictures of it when I figure out how to add them. I'm not very Tec savvy.
chris2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #4
cruisinkruty
Gone Wild
Club Car

time to spend some money,but at least all the parts are available
cruisinkruty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car