lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #41
BBuford
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: My Official 1986 Rebuild Thread answer all my questions.

Also I am having trouble finding my rear fender caps. I ordered a pair from 2 different vendors and they are an inch too wide! They were about $30 a piece. I have ordered a pair from Ezgo website that are $90 a piece but they say they will fit. We shall see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170820_170319.jpg (164.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170820_170336.jpg (127.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170820_170349.jpg (160.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170820_170413.jpg (127.4 KB, 0 views)
BBuford is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #42
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBuford View Post
Here is my cart as it stands today. Bought the cart for $500. It ran but low compression.

Now it has a completely rebuilt engine, new driven clutch, all new belts, new airfilter, new 4in lift kit, 1.5in wheel spacers and new 10in wheels with 22/11.00/10 tires!

Cart averages about 14mph with top speeds of around 20mph. On level ground, I get 17mph. I was able to climb a very steep hill in our woods that is rough with both my son (165lbs) and me (220lbs).

Needless to say, I am very excited in the build. Now to decide on paint color and custom seat colors. My next step is to look at the brakes, purchase a rear flipdown seat, and new locking dash!
Congrats on the rebuild BB, Glad it's running good for ya. It looks good too. My new rebuild only has 110lbs compression, I'm curious what yours is?? I'm not complaining much as mine runs great too, Just thought it'd be higher then that..........

Search the net for new pre-sewn upholstery, You can get them in any color and even two tone. They simply fit over the foam and staple on from the back side, Think mine were like $70ish about 8 years ago..........

What a shame about the rear fender caps you bought, Mine are aftermarket too and although tough to get on they do fit like a glove............
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #43
BBuford
Not Yet Wild

Dabble Inn

I believe my compression after the rebuild was around 115lb to 120lb. It runs like a champ. I found an awesome app for my Android (Free) called Speedometer. It tracks speed, Odometers, compass, etc. I tracked it while driving my truck and it was spot on to my truck speedometer. So I believe my mph is very accurate on my cart. I'm getting around 17 on flat ground with my big ole tires! I will take that any day!
BBuford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:31 AM   #44
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Yes I use the same app, My tires are about 19" and I'm getting 20 on the flat at 6000' elevation. So that's pretty consistent with yours getting 17 with those bigger tires..........

I finally ran out the first tank of 40:1 mix and about 2 inches down on the fresh 128:1 mix now, I'm going to put a new spark plug in it today just for the heck of it.
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO